Home General Discussion
Options

And so it began!

Just got my package from CCOM :)

Humidor is setup and is seasoning. Below ciagrs are now in a container with humi-packs, waiting for humidor to be ready.

I could not help it and smoked half of one Graycliff Double Espresso. The rest later tonight after dinner.

Here's my new/first stash:

:)

Comments

• Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Dang, that is quite an order. You need help smoking those? ;) LOL. I just ordered some Armadas and can't wait to try em.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Nice brother!!! Welcome to world where you can never get enough, never are done buying, can never find ENOUGH time to smoke and you wish all your family and friends are into it as much as you are!

Nice first ORDER!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Nice brother!!! Welcome to world where you can never get enough, never are done buying, can never find ENOUGH time to smoke and you wish all your family and friends are into it as much as you are!

Nice first ORDER!
    Yeah...what Lassie said!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You put down a Greycliff Double Espresso?
  • Options
    jbraslinsjbraslins Posts: 57
    beatnic:
    Had too. 1) noob 2) was rather strong 3) got wife aggro had to help with dinner inside. I did not even realize how fancy of a cigar it was until I read more about it later. It just smelled so good I had to smoke it. Feel bad now. I just fired it back up. It did not sit long. Mmmmmm
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Great haul, you're starting it off right thats for sure.
  • Options
    jbraslins:
    beatnic:
    Had too. 1) noob 2) was rather strong 3) got wife aggro had to help with dinner inside. I did not even realize how fancy of a cigar it was until I read more about it later. It just smelled so good I had to smoke it. Feel bad now. I just fired it back up. It did not sit long. Mmmmmm
    You'll find that you have to learn to schedule your cigars. Get small ones for quick smokes, but when you have that premium cigar, stop, sit down, and give the cigar your attention for 1 - 2 hours.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. doubled up on a lot of those. Good decision. Keep notes on what you liked in each and see how it changes the next time you try it. There are many great sticks there. Ashtons, Avos, and Montis.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Killer first order! Work up to those Armadas...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    I have to say graycliif double espresso is very nice. I was worried full bodied would be too much for me, but I def like it. Like someone in some post said, until I develop a palette for cigar taste, full bodied seems better because flavors are more pronounced. Out of very few sticks I smoked to date, this is by far the best.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    When smoking a fuller bodied cigar, just make sure of two things - 1) it's not on an empty stomach, and 2) you have something to drink. Dehydration/thirst seems to make the nicotine hit harder than if you have something to sip on

On-topic: VERY nice order; you got some great sticks there!!
  • Options
    Got it. Tonight is Hendricks gin and tonic. Usually I sip on scotch. I guess that does not help much with dehydration :)
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Nice order! You'll soon find that even this isn't enough, and you'll need more!
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Dude, I'll totally come up to WF and herf it up with you.
  • Options
    jbraslins:
    Got it. Tonight is Hendricks gin and tonic. Usually I sip on scotch. I guess that does not help much with dehydration :)
    No! No! No!. No gin. Stick with the scotch, single malt preferably.
  • Options
    So i finished that Graycliff Double Espresson last night. I wish I did not. That stuff was soo smooth, i did not feel a thing. Until 15 minutes later the world started spinning. I fixed it though. If you stare at the water spin in oposite direction, it looks like nothing is moving. Ugh, i might take a break from cigar smoking. At least until later tonight.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum and that's one helluva nice first order!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. Looks like you are well on your way to a cigar hoarding problem.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    You really went all in! Enjoy