Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

2nd Annual Summer Heat Giveaway - WINNER!!!

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
Once again it is hot and muggy outside, perfect timing for another Summer Heat Giveaway! For those of you who weren't around for last summer's heatwave, won by our very own Sniper doing a little Pug Sailing, this is a photo contest. Last year's winning photo:

This year's contest will be set up the exact same way:

THE CONTEST: This is going to be a picture contest. Post a photo of you escaping the heat however you do it (local swimming hole, relaxing under a shade tree, working like a dog up on a scalding hot roof pouring thermos hot nalgene water over your head, etc.) and then give a little explanation of the picture. That's it. It's that simple to enter.

THE WINNER: The winner shall be chosen on a completely subjective basis by yours truly. Extra credit will be given for: picture quality, humor, aesthetics and boats. The picture does not need to have a cigar in the frame to enter just an 'escape the heat' theme.

THE PRIZE: Why, free cigars of course! I'll send a nice package to whomever posts the winning picture.

posting pictures: For those of you unfamiliar with how to post pictures you'll need to create an online account at a picture hosting site. Most of these are free and easy to use, I like Flickr. Make sure to look at the size of the picture you are posting and choose one that is no wider than 790 pixels. On Flickr this is the medium size.

For more information on posting pictures go to this cigar thread. If you are still having difficulty give me a pm and I'll try to help.

So let's see some great summer photos! Feel free to use anything from the 4th of July weekend to present. I'll post a winner sometime in the near future, giving everyone ample opportunity to take some photos. So the next time you're planning to escape the heat don't forget to grab that camera and snap a few, you might just add to your humi in the process!

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    LOL, awesome contest man! Unfortunately I'm going to be moving (and preparing for the move) the next couple weeks. I'll barely have time to sneak in a smoke much less come up with a crazy pic, but I'll try to come up with something.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Lol love seeing this back! And I dunno how anybody could ever top Glens pug sailing!
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'll be getting the camera out and posing away. Lol
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Lakota72:
    Will you be in some ranger panties? lol
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Lakota72:
    I am suddenly afraid to ever open this thread again...very afraid
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Heavy:
    I am suddenly afraid to ever open this thread again...very afraid
    How did you know exactly what I was thinking.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    Lol love seeing this back! And I dunno how anybody could ever top Glens pug sailing!
    By getting somebody better looking to pose with the pug of course... :-D

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bigharpoon:
    THE PRIZE: Why, free cigars of course! I'll send a nice package to whomever posts the winning picture.
    Fellas, Im telling you if you only enter one contest this year, this is THE ONE you want! Harpoon does NOT mess around when he sends out winnings - thanks to him, I discovered two cigars (DPG Vegas Cubanas and San Cristobal) that were so good I immediately went out and bought boxes of.

Excellent to see this becoming an annual thing - its like Christmas in July! :-)

• Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Camping, the Dennis way.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    On a hot day I find the coolest place in the court yard and cool down with a cup of coffee and a fine cigar.

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    What's the deadline on submission for this one?
  • Options
    skweekz:
    What's the deadline on submission for this one?
    Probably a week and a half which will give everyone this weekend and one more weekend to shoot photos and a couple days to upload them.

Nice pictures fellas, keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageCaught my first Bass ever as the sun was setting on vacation. Next day I caught an even bigger one but that pic is on my camera. We went camping because my 4 year old daughter begged to go. Lucky for me my wife loves fishing as well and I get to go fishing any time I want as long as she is with me. Of course we smoke cigars but I had set it down for this picture. I was smoking a Viaje White Label Project 50/50 Red when I caught my first bass.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Lakota72:
    Well, not quite ranger panties but close enough. Spent most of the morning and afternoon cutting and laying paver stones outside. 90+ degrees today. Upon completion I needed to cool off and anytime water comes out my dog Jake has to try and get into the mix. My daughter decided to take a pic and I figured hey what the heck, why not submit it. Holding an RP ITC 10th Anniversary out of the water.

• Options
    We've got some great photos so far! It's still hot as balls outside so don't forget to grab that camera this weekend and shoot away - winner to be announced middle of next week!
  • Options
    I'll have a pic posted Sunday
  • Options

Beaging the sweltering heat with 52 pounds of fresh wings on the grill while enjoying a Diesel Shorty!...and some Natty!
  • Options
    Ok, so you may know that RCY Cigars (Rick) is out of town on vacation. So, in order to get in this competition, he is relying on cell phone technology to get a picture submitted. I have received a text message from him with the picture which I have then emailed to myself which I uploaded to Photobucket and am now submitting for him in his absense.

He is fishing at Lake Wallace in Arkansas with his family smoking a Casa Fuente courtesy of lclpeel.

• Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Decided to beat the heat by jumping in the pool wearing a shirt, tie and pants, who needs a swimsuit
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    All of the photo's are great, thanks guys for posting. Love Bigharpoons, That one just screams refreshing.... My next favorite is Jsnake's Looks like an awesome evening...Just saw Danielruas.. Hillarious,love the pose....
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Ok, so you may know that RCY Cigars (Rick) is out of town on vacation. So, in order to get in this competition, he is relying on cell phone technology to get a picture submitted. I have received a text message from him with the picture which I have then emailed to myself which I uploaded to Photobucket and am now submitting for him in his absense.

He is fishing at Lake Wallace in Arkansas with his family smoking a Casa Fuente courtesy of lclpeel.

Thanks for posting for me Lakota72.

Have to say, it's some good picks in here BIGHARPOON, Skweekz, Lakota72, Jsnake, DennisKing, MTucelli. But Danielruas has my vote. Prop or not, still way cool....

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I like Danielruas' picture too... GIVE THE CIGARS TO THE GIRL IN THE BIKINI!
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    Decided to beat the heat by jumping in the pool wearing a shirt, tie and pants, who needs a swimsuit
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Like a BOSS
  • Options
    Lasabar:

Haha, thank you. The girl is my best friends wife, the other blonde with her back turned to the camera is my wife, we are both very lucky men.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    Lasabar:

Haha, thank you. The girl is my best friends wife, the other blonde with her back turned to the camera is my wife, we are both very lucky men.
    I DON'T CARE!!! GIVE THEM CIGARS!!! HAHA!

I love the phrase "We are lucky men"..... Basically that means the women are very UNlucky... Good for you, but bad for them, your father-in-laws must either be very disappoint or you bribe them with nice cigars
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    danielruas:
    Lasabar:

I DON'T CARE!!! GIVE THEM CIGARS!!! HAHA!

I love the phrase "We are lucky men"..... Basically that means the women are very UNlucky... Good for you, but bad for them, your father-in-laws must either be very disappoint or you bribe them with nice cigars
    Why cant they both be lucky??
  • Options
    GREAT PHOTOS EVERYONE!!! We've got some real competitors going for it! This is a last call to get any photos you have uploaded. I'm choosing a winner on Wednesday, July 27. Last Call!
  • Options
    THANK YOU very much to all those who submitted photos, it was great to watch them roll in! It wasn't easy choosing a winner with such a wide variety of entries but one had to be chosen. Drum roll (please)...and the winning Summer Heat Giveaway Photo is..........

danielruas:
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Danielruas, you sir are a WINNER!!! This photo oozes with summer heat refreshment, comedy, originality and hot chicks. What else can you ask for??? I've cracked up many times looking at that shot. Very well done.

There were a TON of great photos submitted. The PBR shot with no explanation needed...fishing...grilling...relaxing...lakota burning himself with a hose and pooping out a grill...all were excellent contenders. Thank you all very much for entering my contest, I hope you had as much fun as I did. Danielruas, you have a pm.
  • Options
    Sweeeet, pm right back at you. Also just want to say thanks for hosting such a cool contest, the girls in the bikinis will be happy to know I won.

And as a thank you, heres another picture of girls in bikinis that I was going to originally enter before I decided to jump in the pool. It's a month or so back hanging at little sebago lake in maine. My wife on the left, her friend on the right. image