Home General Discussion
Options

Pelican Case

Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
So, in all of my complaining about humidors being stuck in Germany, I had forgotten about a pelican case of my stuck up in the attic. It is brand new and has interior dimensions of 21.68" x 16.62" x 10.56".

I know everyone uses coolers but could this work as well? It is brand spanking new, the foam inside has never been touched etc. Is there a prep process for this or can I just slap the sticks in there with about 10 boveda packs and call it good?

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I think it'll be fine just with the pack's and if you can get your hands on some spanish cedar that'd be good too. It'll help with the plastic foamy smell...lol It's just like a really big herfador
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    those have a waterproof seal, right? Then it's just like the herfadors and should be great. You'd only need like 1-2 of the full sized boveda packs. I have the same small pack in my 15ct herf for about 6 months and its not even half done.
  • Options
    Yeah this is a pretty big case. I figured it was the same as the herfadors but wasn't sure. You really think two boveda's would do? I mean this thing is bigger than a piece of carry on luggage.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Actually I used one for about 6 months to catch all my overflow.

Rock solid. No problems

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Actually I used one for about 6 months to catch all my overflow.

Rock solid. No problems

That's great to hear. Just got off the phone with the local B&M and they said I could swing by and they would give me some cigar boxes for free. How awesome is that?

Stephen what'd you use to humidify? and how much?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I just used one of those Humi-care jars.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    I just used one of those Humi-care jars.

10-4. Thanks man.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    you need more boveda packs in a wood humi because the wood needs more. the air tight plastic containers dont need many packs at all