Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Whisky Stones

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Robbyras, I said I'd let you know how the comparison test worked out. Last night I used the whisky glass with no stones. I think the glass does a good job in the 'nosing' and tasting dept. but I do notice an improvement when using the stones. Either way, my cheap ol' everyday sour mash is better than the way I was drinking it but I notice improved flavor and a definitely longer finish. I'm looking forward to using these things with some Booker's or Knob Creek.

Instead of having two drinks before dinner, I'm going to have to start having only one and saving the second for after dinner. With that long finish and the great taste that's left in my mouth, a cigar is going to taste really good for dessert.

Marty

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    nice! i've seen the glasses you're talking about, but I can't get myself to buy any... I like a heavy glass when I'm having my Scotch or Bourbon... I don't know why, I just do... My wife tried to get me to buy these glasses in Ireland... they were hand etched crystal from a dude who worked at Waterford before he went out on his own... it's funny, he's this big bearded biker guy, yet he makes this beautiful crystal... anyway the glasses were 45 Euro each... no thanks...

I may have to try these stones though...sounds like you are enjoying them
  • Options
    The glasses I got were only around $6.95 or so and they have a heavy bottom to them. A tad small at only 7 ounces but still okay. I was sipping my Booker's from a brandy snifter and these are somewhat like that in that you can get your nose in the glass. I found glasses and stones on Amazon.com and they both qualified for free shipping.

Marty

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Brandy sniffer, or whiskey glass. Whiskey needs to breathe, as does the nose. The whiskey glass is like a sniffer, but opens up at the lip.
    Of course, if your camping , that little plastic collapsable cup works just fine. A dram or 2 in there, bite the end off of your Opus X, and enjoy the sunset.
  • Options
    Yeah, we go camping quite a bit but I doubt I'll take these glasses along. Something a little more rugged and utilitarian would work better there.

Marty

• Options
    Heading out tomorrow, single malt in tow. I'll probably drink everything out of my white, diner style , coffee mug. LOL. I will have a cutter for the Opus X though.
  • Options
    Oh, and if the wife wants some wine, we have the plastic, snap-together wine glass set. LOL
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you have all the necessaries.... Have a great trip.

Marty