Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Titan

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Cigar.com has the gurkha titans normally $30 a piece, for 10/$39.95. Are these the same cigar and why the low price. I've had one and loved it.

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had the thirty dollar version and probably never will but I can definitely vouch for the three-ninety-nine version. Its A great smoke.
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    How does it compare to the Gurkha Beast?
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    The Beast is A bit more complex and fuller bodied. I prefer to smoke A Beast after A good meal.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are the same...C.com just got a REALLY good deal and is passing it on to us!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    I'm a Titan fan as well.
    I used to keep my humi at 70, and discovered that the Titan didn't burn all that well (for me) when stored at that RH, and needed about 8+hrs dry boxing before it was good to go.
    But at the suggestion of several of the pros here, I have reduced my humi to 65/66, and all my dark big sticks burn fine now, and my lighter/smaller sticks are just as good as ever.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I think they got a deal on some overstock or something, so they can afford to sell them at that price. No boxes as well makes a big difference with Gurkha pricing LOL.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    docbp87:
    No boxes as well makes a big difference with Gurkha pricing LOL.
    This is the biggest thing with that! I had a convo with Tim once and he said that the Titan's aircraft aluminum box is what made up a big chuck of the price of that box
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I had the Beast the other day and really enjoyed it. It was very complex. Probably the only Gurkha that didn't taste like every other Gurkha. The Titan was decent, but not nearly as complex.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    According to Gurkha's website, the Titan is supposed to be the stronger one. I have some that have been aging about 3 years. I had a *** load but I traded away a bunch. Same with the Beast. I had a bunch and traded then away. I got them around the same time as the Titans.
  • karcuskarcus Posts: 6
    This is exciting to read, I just ordered the Gurkha Titan Guerrilla Warfare and Gurkha Factum Cigars with humidor! They come on Tuesday.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    They are the same...C.com just got a REALLY good deal and is passing it on to us!
    Yeah I am seriously considering getting another 10 or 20 just to have and let them rest for a long time. One of my favorite smokes. I just wish the centurian was the same 10 pack deal.
  • I've been told Gurkha just prices them absurdly high, sells 1/10 of their production to suckers (my words, not my contact's words) in high-end retail shops, and then dumps the rest onto the online market, where we are fortunate to get good cigars like that at what seems like a dream of a discount.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha is taking a new approach as far as this. The new releases for this year are geared towards B&M's and they lose the crazy packaging. It started last year with Ninja and Viper. I am taking a watch and see what happens approach. The new Cellar Age is a fantastic cigar.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually just discovered the Titan. I received 2 in a daily deal with the 10 count herf. I just wanted the case, so I didn't even look at what cigars it came with! But I lit this one up and was impressed! Lots of thick smoke and great smooth flavor, kinda cedary. After trying the one I have left I may have to jump on a 10 pack. I never ever thought I'd buy any Gurkhas ever!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    PM to you Gray.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Titan and the Beast are some of gurkha's best cigars. Throw in their beauty as well.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back at ya
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    And replied good sir.

• edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    When you have a Gurkha Titan the band says Titan. I believe the ones cigar.com are selling at the greatly reduced price are seconds. The bands say Titan II. Same great taste and well worth the price but i strongly believe they are seconds.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Gurkhas are highly marked up! How many have you ever seen sold for the msrp?? I've never seen it... So is all the Gurkhas out there seconds?? No! The only brand that goes for such money is really davidoff and that's because from davidoff there is not much of a mark up by the retailer there for they are expensive no matter what! I feel Gurkhas pricing is just to hype them up and make you feel like you got a great deal. I've had many cheaper sticks that we're way better then any gurhka IMO.
    Money can't buy taste
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    edelrionyc:
    When you have a Gurkha Titan the band says Titan. I believe the ones cigar.com are selling at the greatly reduced price are seconds. The bands say Titan II. Same great taste and well worth the price but i strongly believe they are seconds.
    Have you got them? I'm wondering since Titan 2 is a different blend. I wasn't aware that there were Titan 2nd's and I know that a while back Ccom had a great deal on Titans and they were the regular titans. I don't know.
  • ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    I'm a Titan fan as well.
    I used to keep my humi at 70, and discovered that the Titan didn't burn all that well (for me) when stored at that RH, and needed about 8+hrs dry boxing before it was good to go.
    But at the suggestion of several of the pros here, I have reduced my humi to 65/66, and all my dark big sticks burn fine now, and my lighter/smaller sticks are just as good as ever.

I totally agree with this....these do not smoke well at higher humidity....I thought the Titan was a bit milder than the Beast...both much better than Crest but that one was at a higher humidity when I had it...