Home General Discussion
Options

Smoking in the heat...

Who does it and more importantly how do you stand it?

At 8 in the evening in my part of the country (Dallas) it is very near 100. I just can't do it.

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I try, but here in Virginia when the temperature goes over 90, the humidity is usually through the roof, and I end up just sitting in a pool of sweat, immediate swamp ass when you walk outside. Lots of ice water, and sometimes I even set up a box fan outside on the balcony, to at least get some moving air. Smoke small cigars.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Swimming pool my friend:)
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know your pain. As with doc, here in Georgia when it gets hot the humidity is thru the roof...it's literally like a sauna all day. At 9pm it was 90° with a heat index of 101°. I have a ceiling fan on the carport that helps somewhat. Other than that...lots of cold beverages!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I feel your pain too bro, I'm in the same town as Husker, and I just deal with it. Over the weekend I actually went outside and lit up at around 4pm one day. Sat and smoked a DPG Cuban Classic robusto for over an hour and a half in 100+ degree heat. A bit brutal, but a cold drink in the shade with the fan on helps.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    I find stripping and letting the neighbors exalt in the full glory of this body helps also
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    Husker44:
    Who does it and more importantly how do you stand it?

At 8 in the evening in my part of the country (Dallas) it is very near 100. I just can't do it.

am right below you brother in Houston. i did the mistake on trying one the other day boy was i wrong never doing that again not even with a fan on lol
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bip:
    I find stripping and letting the neighbors exalt in the full glory of this body helps also
    I occasionally sit on the balcony shirtless, letting my beer belly get some rays. I have gotten some looks of digust, but you know what? F'em.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I smoke in my nice air conditioned truck during my commute, or since Im an early riser I will burn them at a nice area park before it gets ridiculously hot.

• Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    bip:
    LOL Bip. I sit in the garage in boxers with a cold drink and box fan.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    its been quite warm here this summer usually around the 90's in the day time....normally very humid here but the weather has been fantastic and I am enjoying smoking in the heat....
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If it's near 100, I just plain don't. If it's in the 90's and I'm in the mood, I'll do it in the evening with a fan pointed at my face and a cold beverage at my side; gotta be careful to point the fan near the back of my head, so it doesn't blow the cigar out
  • Options
    acewoodsonacewoodson Posts: 191
    I smoked one in the middle of the day today and it was a bit rough since it was 95 degrees I usually smoke in the evening after sundown on my front porch. I live 20 miles from town so it's great to sit on the front porch under a starlit sky while enjoying a great smoke and just listening to nature.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    granneja:
    bip:
    LOL Bip. I sit in the garage in boxers with a cold drink and box fan.
    FELLAS, get someone to take a picture and enter my contest, you could, like, get free stuff! Well, maybe not bip stripping but sitting in a garage with boxers, cold drink and a box fan has HUGE POTENTIAL!!! LOL, very funny!
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I was well in the 100's in Afghanistan! I had to switch up my game plan! I moved to nights so I could smoke in the cool evenings...well it was more like 90-95 at night but better than 110! Or I would smoke first thing in the morning before the sun got really cooking. Other than that...its too hot to sit in the sun and smoke a cigar! You'll bake and sweat all over the cigar!
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    jr_p951:
    I was well in the 100's in Afghanistan! I had to switch up my game plan! I moved to nights so I could smoke in the cool evenings...well it was more like 90-95 at night but better than 110! Or I would smoke first thing in the morning before the sun got really cooking. Other than that...its too hot to sit in the sun and smoke a cigar! You'll bake and sweat all over the cigar!
    +1 to that. It was 117 °F today but as the sun goes down it will drop to 100 by the time I sit down with my cigar. I just sweat it off!

JDE

• Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    On very hot days I do the same things that I will do before going for a run.
    Make an smoothie that is almost a slushie. Lots of ice maybe coke or fruit juice. Drink this about 20 mins before going outside. Then lots of ice cold water when I am outside.
    I also wrap some ice cubes in a bandana and tie it around my neck, again this helps keep your core temp down. I can smoke a churchill in 101 heat.
    Just add more ice to the bandana as it melts.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I have a misting system set up on the patio. Not bad, it really does a good job keeping it cool. Also, in a pinch I go to the smaller cigars the ones in the tins. CC has a Cohiba Black that is not bad (Pequenos). Not great compared to the full version but OK and it takes me about 20 min. to smoke (I am a slow smoker). Even in the heat of 100+ 20 min. is still OK under a fan with the mist.