Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla Obsidian

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
I know this is one of the most hated sticks on the forum and for good reason most of the time as they can refuse to burn. I have two that I have been keeping at 63% RH so I pulled one out and sparked it and to my great delight it burned perfectly. It is a nice stick when they will burn

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I knew there was hope for this stick
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I have two sitting in my humi from the Padilla collected works sampler. Any recommendations on how long I should let it rest? Also is it better to keep a lower humidity for the fuller bodied sticks? What was the flavor profile?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    As for keeping fuller bodied sticks at lower RH... not necessarily. If the wrapper is a really thick ligero wrapper, maybe. I tend to dry box most cigars before I smoke them though, and almost never have burn issues as a result.

Interesting Fla Gypsy. Thanks for sharing this, sounds like it might be worth revisiting... after some serious dry boxing first.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have had 50/50 luck. My first one had a **** burn. Then I let one sit 6 months and it was awesome. Then the next one, not so much. I have them in my electronic controlled cabinet which is reading too high so when I am ready to smoke one I will put it somewhere else for 30 days then dry box it for a few days.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    granneja:
    I have two sitting in my humi from the Padilla collected works sampler. Any recommendations on how long I should let it rest? Also is it better to keep a lower humidity for the fuller bodied sticks? What was the flavor profile?
    I have never been good at flavors but it was full bodied with some dark chocolate/coffee flavors. It was pretty good with my evening coffee.