Home General Discussion
Options

*Facepalms*

Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
So, the other day I had found some old bonds that I had squirreled away, presents from Mom and Dad back in the 80's. Well ;)

Since that was money from before I was married, there was no need to see if it was okay to spend without wifely approval; single men, don't laugh, your turn is coming. :P

So, naturally...I spent it all, and have 92 cigars coming my way. :D

However...I just ordered 24 more since Kelly's Saturday deal (and some other things ;) ) appealed to me, and that one fell under my summer allotment of cigars. ;)

But, I have a feeling my eyes were bigger than my taste-buds...and I think I might have storage issues. >.>

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I like to view storage issues as a good thing ;)
  • Options
    Well, the guys on the fire crew are always willing to help me out. ;) I am slowly making believers out of them, and on this order, one of the guys piggy-backed onto my order and got the AJ Corona sampler.

They all like to think that Backwoods are cigars, but I keep telling them that that stuff is the hot-dog of the cigar world; "That's not really tobacco, just the by products of real cigars".
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    You can never have too many! My wife has asked before..."why do you need so many cigars?" I tell her they are like wine. They get better as they age. I also use her shopping tactics...they are cheaper if you buy them buy the box, look how much I saved...aren't you happy for me! That usually works until its a few boxes on one order, then she just doesn't get it. Taste buds are never wrong! Just get more storage space!
  • Options
    jr_p951:
    "why do you need so many cigars?" I tell her they are like wine. They get better as they age.

LOL I keep trying to explain this to her. "No sweetie, these are next year's cigars. I'm smoking last year's now. ;)
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hey Smoke! Good to see ya!

And Congrats on the Lost-n-Found Cigar Money!!!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    r> LOL I keep trying to explain this to her. "No sweetie, these are next year's cigars. I'm smoking last year's now. ;)
    Genius! I need to use this one...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    The real trick is to learn how to "intercept" the delivery person - I've become sort of a Ninja warrior at this particular skill.
    Stealth in the receiving of sticks is the secret to avoiding dumb and annoying questions like:

Didn't you just get cigars last week?

Why do you need so many cigars?

You know that smoking those isn't good for you don't you?

How much did you spend this time?

• Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    The real trick is to learn how to "intercept" the delivery person - I've become sort of a Ninja warrior at this particular skill.
    Stealth in the receiving of sticks is the secret to avoiding dumb and annoying questions like:

Thats Hirarious, my wife says the EXACT same questions. Why do you need so many? I thought you just got a package last week?

Though she will finally admit I have a pretty nice collection, I've even caught her showing friends or taking a few pictures of them to show people.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    KingoftheCove:

That's funny...my wife asks me these exact same questions word for word.
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:

lol My wife always says this, to which I reply "Oh no...it's not the 23 years of breathing wood smoke from forest fires (that has 5 known carcinogens in it) that will give me cancer, it's the one cigar I have a day in the summer that I don't even inhale that will kill me! *insert eyeroll*"
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    KingoftheCove:

lol My wife always says this, to which I reply "Oh no...it's not the 23 years of breathing wood smoke from forest fires (that has 5 known carcinogens in it) that will give me cancer, it's the one cigar I have a day in the summer that I don't even inhale that will kill me! *insert eyeroll*"
    ooohhh............that's dang good leverage there!
    Shuts down that challenge right quick.
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    Smoke=Fire:
    KingoftheCove:

Shuts down that challenge right quick.

You, Sir, have obviously not met my wife. :P
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Hey Smoke! Good to see ya!

And Congrats on the Lost-n-Found Cigar Money!!!
    Thanks bud. :D Good to be back. When I "liberated" the money, I started looking at C.Com a good bit, perusing my victims, which naturally led me back here to the forums to see what y'all were up to. :)

Still lots of names around from the old days that I recognize.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Smoke=Fire:
    But, I have a feeling my eyes were bigger than my taste-buds...and I think I might have storage issues. >.>
    AWESOME - sounds like its time for you to create a coolidorasaurus! Propagate the herd my friend, propagate the herd... :-D

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Smoke=Fire:
    AWESOME - sounds like its time for you to create a coolidorasaurus! Propagate the herd my friend, propagate the herd... :-D

That is actually what I have for my overflow, though a lunchbox size. One 150 ct, 2 20 cts, and a small igloo for now. ;) If i get desperate I also have a 15 ct herf-a-dor, and just ordered a 5...although that one has cigars in it already. >.>