Home Cigar 101
Options

Newbie ??

rock302rock302 Posts: 1
What is a good mild sweet tipped cigar for a novice smoker??

Comments

• Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    try a baccarrat for something mild. if you want something with a little more body, try a flor de oliva.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'd say a baccarat or if you want a flavored cigar. Acids or CAO flavours.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i agree with the above two posters. If you are feeling that you want to stray away from the sweet tip then try a cusano 18 paird maduro or a sancho panza double maduro. once tobacco has been maduroed it usually picks up a slightly sweeter taste with hints of dark chocolate. this may be a good "transition" cigar if you are looking to get into something heavier.
  • Options
    Hmmm Kuzi has a good point certain maduros will have a little sweetness. I'm stealing "maduroed". "I like my cigars maduroed" might be a new quote of mine, of course with permission from you, Kuzi.
  • Options
    feel free!

I always looked at "maduro" as a word that describes a proscess of fermentation. therefore the past tense of it would be "maduroed"

i never said i was an english... er, spanish major.
    ...Spanglish?
  • Options
    Exactly, it works perfectly. We cigar smokers make up or own words and phrases all the time. I once saw a cigar described as creami-nut-ilicious.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    I once saw a cigar described as creami-nut-ilicious.

I'm not sure I would use those words to describe something that I spend a couple hours sucking on.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    madurofan:

I'm not sure I would use those words to describe something that I spend a couple hours sucking on.
    i know what your getting at but .... iduno... whatever the cigar he was talkin about sounds delicious.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Scrambler:
    madurofan:

i know what your getting at but .... iduno... whatever the cigar he was talkin about sounds delicious.
    LMAO yea it has to be the only situation where that doesn't sound a little fruity.
  • Options
    By the way it was a Davidoff Millenium.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I've gotta admit it does sound rather good. Anything that could cause a guy to string those adjectives together in that fashion and not mean it in a dirty way has got to be good.
  • Options
    Haha... to quote Freud, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar?