Home General Discussion
Options

Have you read or...

I just sat through the movie The Freedom Writers Diary. It starred Hilary Swank. It is based on a true story. I am going to read the book, as I always enjoy books more then movies. If you get a chance to ...check it out, It is a very inspiring movie. Not the best movie I've ever seen or anything but very very good.

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    My wife is a teacher and loves that movie.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I was struck by the way this movie paralells life. There are so many instances where someone who doesn't know any better or hasn't bought into the established "truths" has acomplished something thought to be unattainable, or not worth the effort taking into account the expected result.

There is a lot to be said for being stuborn or unwilling to yeild to what is presented to you as your only options. The teacher in this story was born to be a teacher.Thinking outside the box is one thing, acting on it is something far too may of us are unwilling to try.

The kids in this story really were a brave group to choose to do things differently than what the presented choices offered them. The choices they made were life altering.