Home General Discussion
Options

Follow up on the Ultimate Maduro

Appreciated the responses to my enthusiasm for the Camacho Triples. Have continued to explore. I really did enjoy the Triple Play Turrents, though they are a little milder and less flavorful to my palate than the Camacho. The Kristof Matador in the last news letter is super mild and really a great smoker. Very nice to intersperse with the more powerful Camachos. I am going to give the Macanudo Vintage a try, as well as the Cohiba Black. Let me know how you are coming and if anything else comes to mind.

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a few of my favorite Maduro wrapped cigars. Of course, at the top of my list of favorite Maduros sits the already mentioned Camacho Triple Maduro, the Oliva V Maduro, and the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro...these always come out at or near the top when it comes to Maduros.

Arturo Fuente Chateau Maduro
    C.A.O. La Traviata Maduro
    Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro
    Gurkha Triple Ligero
    Gurkha Black Dragon
    Perdomo Patriarch Maduro

Hope this helps!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I'd go for a Liga Privada No 9. I do enjoy the Triple Maduro and Kristoffs as well.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    MOW Armada, Oliva Series O Maduro, San Lotano Maduro
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    AF Work Of Art maduro
    Jesus 777
    Vudu
  • Options
    ztanner25ztanner25 Posts: 48
    Perdomo Oscuro Reserve
    CAO Brazilia
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Having a 601 blue maduro rite now. Really a must try.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Having a 601 blue maduro rite now. Really a must try.
    I love the 601 Blue!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Here's another vote for the J. Fuego 777 maduro torpedo..... Always in my rotation!!
  • Options
    AJGARLETT:
    Here's another vote for the J. Fuego 777 maduro torpedo..... Always in my rotation!!

I like these as well. Have 2 left. I think they would be better in a smaller rg though. The nica criollo maduro wrapper is awesome. Also the only criollo maduro I know of.

I do find them to be a bit too mild at times.
  • Options
    RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    I started a similar thread to this on puff asking others what they thought the best maddy was. One guy said the Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro was a must try. I did try it and now its one of my favorite maduros. Gotta mention the CAO Brazilia, Rocky Patel Fusion MM and the 5 Vegas AAA!

Tried the 777 jesus fuego and was not overly impressed, some real burn issues.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    San Lotano Maduro

+1 for this one
  • Options
    gaberox:
    AJGARLETT:
    I like these as well. Have 2 left. I think they would be better in a smaller rg though. The nica criollo maduro wrapper is awesome. Also the only criollo maduro I know of. I do find them to be a bit too mild at times.
    I've had the 777 Corona and though it was good, I wasn't overly impressed. I thought it might be better in a slightly larger ring.

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I have to agree on the CAO LaTriv maddy. Every vitola is great. Macunudo maduro is also an excellent stick in the larger vitola for me. Never had the Camacho triple or the Turrents but I will get around to them when I can find some. The V maduro and MoW maduro are on my wish lists but hard to find either of them. V maddys run crazy expensive but I am going to bite the bullet soon and just get them. It has to be excellent considering the ligero V is fantastic.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    gaberox:
    AJGARLETT:
    I like these as well. Have 2 left. I think they would be better in a smaller rg though. The nica criollo maduro wrapper is awesome. Also the only criollo maduro I know of. I do find them to be a bit too mild at times.
    Have one of those in the humi, now. Glad to hear it is getting good reviews.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    The lfd is great in a maduro also and is one of my new favorites.
  • Options
    bip:
    The lfd is great in a maduro also and is one of my new favorites.

The chisel maduro? That is probably in my top 5.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Oh, how can I forget. Davidoff Maduro!! I really, really, really like this smoke! Pricey, but screw it, they are good!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    xmacro:
    San Lotano Maduro

+1 for this one
    + 2
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jj20030:
    skweekz:
    xmacro:
    San Lotano Maduro

+1 for this one
    + 2
    I'll have to revisit this one. I LOVE the San Lotano Habano's, but the Maduro I found were just kind of... whatever, nothing special.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Unless i have just overlooked it, I am surprised noone has mentioned the Padron 45th Anniversary Maduro.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    My favorite maduro is the A Fuente anejo shark. Best maduro I've ever had. Exquisite smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    One of my past favorites and are hard to find is the tissue wrapped El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Suprema. That is a classic Maduro with full flavor but the smoothness of the Maduro.