Home General Discussion
Options

2011 Annual Trade Show

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Just landed in Vegas. The big show starts tomorrow showcasing all the new releases. Keep an eye on this thread for daily news and updates with pics. I'll also be video blogging from the show floor as much as I can and the home office will get videos up same day so it will be complete and almost real time coverage. Looking forward to giving you guys an inside look!

Comments

• Options
    Oh ya, and check the ratings and reviews area for tasting notes on the new stuff.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Alex! Have fun and keep us updated...

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    dbeckom:
    Thanks Alex! Have fun and keep us updated...
    #1 to that, Alex, I love hearing about the new releases every year so keep us posted and have fun man.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I know that it has been said before, but you have a hard job. lol.
    Have a great time and bring us back some good stuff.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see what's next. Look forward to it, enjoy the trip....
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Have fun, enjoy yourself and those great cigars!>br>
    You lucky SO.....lol!
    Rob
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really bummed about not going this year. Last year was so much fun. Definitely be there next year. Have fun and travel safe Alex.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing the new things you are going to be bringing home to us.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Lakota72:
    Looking forward to seeing the new things you are going to be bringing home to us.

+1 - and deals to come.
  • Options
    Awesome... Bring it on!
  • Options
    Great first day. I was able to get on the floor a day early to get a lay of the land. Attendence this year is supposed to be up which is great as I think the last few years have been lite. I saw Rocky, Jonathan Drew, Paolo from Graycliff, Jose Oliva, Rafael Nodal (Oliveros) and a host of others. I smoked the new Liga Privada Undercrown which was my second pass but the sample I smoked a few months ago was still wet. Think Liga #9 flavor but medium bodied format. Decent smoke and if it will be more widely available consistently vs the #9 as they claim should be great. New releases I saw at a glance:

Oliveros Sun Grown Reserve
    Rocky Patel Vintage Cameroon (8 year)
    Thunder by Nimish (rockys cousin)
    Zen by Nish Patel (Rockys brother)
    Rocky 50th
    Blue Ribbon Bundles by Drew Estate
    My Uzi Weighs a Ton
    Liga Privada Undercrown
    La Casita Crilla by Tatuaje
    Fausto by Tatuaje
    Casa Fernandez Miami

This pretty much rounds it out off the top of my head. I have a lot to smoke but will try to get to some reviews. Bottom line, looks like it will be a fantastic show!! Now Im off to dinner with the Garzarolis (Grayclifff) as has become tradition on the first night. Their love for food and wine makes dining with them quite and experience. After dinner Im going to hit the bar with some of the guys from San Lotano and Shorty is in town and will be there too.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Yes Alex you sure do have it rough...lol. Thanks for keeping us in the know.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Wait how did Rocky go from 15 to 50 years in a year?!
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    maybe it refers to the layers of dye and not years?
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    wwestern:
    docbp87:

Or number of blends released this year alone. JK Im not really a RP hater.

Ive enjoyed his cigars before and havent even tried much of his new stuff since he started going ape *** with new stuff.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Sounds amazing. Have a blast and send thanks to all the guys who pour their hearts in to their work. On a side note..... You are almost at 1000 posts so you best be thinking up a contest Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    wwestern:
    docbp87:
    Or number of blends released this year alone. JK Im not really a RP hater. Ive enjoyed his cigars before and havent even tried much of his new stuff since he started going ape *** with new stuff.
    I think he went from 10 to 15 in 3 years anyway, didn't he? Maybe he just hates maths.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Great first day. I was able to get on the floor a day early to get a lay of the land. Attendence this year is supposed to be up which is great as I think the last few years have been lite. I saw Rocky, Jonathan Drew, Paolo from Graycliff, Jose Oliva, Rafael Nodal (Oliveros) and a host of others. I smoked the new Liga Privada Undercrown which was my second pass but the sample I smoked a few months ago was still wet. Think Liga #9 flavor but medium bodied format. Decent smoke and if it will be more widely available consistently vs the #9 as they claim should be great. New releases I saw at a glance:

Oliveros Sun Grown Reserve
    Rocky Patel Vintage Cameroon (8 year)
    Thunder by Nimish (rockys cousin)
    Zen by Nish Patel (Rockys brother)
    Rocky 50th
    Blue Ribbon Bundles by Drew Estate
    My Uzi Weighs a Ton
    Liga Privada Undercrown
    La Casita Crilla by Tatuaje
    Fausto by Tatuaje
    Casa Fernandez Miami

This pretty much rounds it out off the top of my head. I have a lot to smoke but will try to get to some reviews. Bottom line, looks like it will be a fantastic show!! Now Im off to dinner with the Garzarolis (Grayclifff) as has become tradition on the first night. Their love for food and wine makes dining with them quite and experience. After dinner Im going to hit the bar with some of the guys from San Lotano and Shorty is in town and will be there too.
    Does the trade show always overlap the World Series of Poker Main Event? You should really get over to the Rio and check out some of that action...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    15 would be the number of years he's been in business, 50 would be his age.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Hey Alex, any buzz around the trade show about the Sam Leccia/Oliva drama? Can't believe he was banned from the show.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Hey Alex, any buzz around the trade show about the Sam Leccia/Oliva drama? Can't believe he was banned from the show.....
    And no one is backing down either!
    Sam: WTF DUDE!?!?!
    Oliva: Bltch.....
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Lasabar:
    lilwing88:
    Been away for a while, what did I miss? I knew Sam joined someone else but didn't know there was anymore to the story than that.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm curious to hear about the new GoF Serie B.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Wait, remind us again.... you get paid to do this?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Lasabar:
    lilwing88:
    Been away for a while, what did I miss? I knew Sam joined someone else but didn't know there was anymore to the story than that.
    Sam left to make his own cigar and company basically... His new cigar "Debut" was supposed to launch at the show, but Oliva is suing him for breach of contract and he cannot legally distribute the cigar right now...

Sam is playing it as he is the lonely underdog and Oliva released a statement saying "Wait till you see all the facts, not everyone is as innocent as you think they are"

That's the last I heard of it

But, Sam has a box design, label and everything else, just has to wait for this mess to go away
  • Options
    Sorry I have not gottten you guys any updattes. After a few days at the show I have gotten to see a lot. Keep an eye on the videos. Lots of info, reviews and thatt is where I am putting up most of the contect as I dont have a huge chance to sit down and type. The show is great so far. I will say that while I have smoked many decent cigars, I have not really smoked anything that absolutely wowed me with the exception of a new cigar by Alec Bradley which will be a limited edition of just 1000 boxes. Great smoke. Their new american classic blend was good, but great when you factor in an msrp under $4 for long filler in a box. I think Alec Bradley has my vote for best new stuff and most attractive smokes. Toranos new rebranding logo and image is great. They have always made great cigars and the new look will hopefully brring their image on par with their talents as cigar makers. Drew Estate is packed pretty much 24/7 and the liga privada undercrown and uzi have been hugely popular as anticipated. Today I found a killer cohiba. It is called cohiba diamante. It uses that 32 year old cameroon wrapper I have been raving about. Humidors of 150 cigars released. Only 100 humidors. I bought a ton of them. Awsome cabinet style humidor.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Sounds great. Are you planning on selling the humidors?