Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

First Look - Liga Privada Undercrown

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I wrote about this cigar and did an initial review based on a fresh stick I stole from the Drew Estate factory. Time has done this cigar wonders. The blend of undercrown mimics the Liga Privadaa #9 in terms of seed, region and blend to exact proportions but uses tobaccos from one priming lower in all cases. The result is a flavor reminiscent of the #9 in a medium bodied format. The sweetness and earthness I have come to love in this cigar is all there and while I love the bold the body of the #9 and its complexity, this cigar will be a great everyday contender as they are planning on making this release widely available and regularly in stock and a sharper, more economical price. I guess you could say it is the poor mans Liga #9 but I will say, there is notthing cheap about this smoke. Heavy in the hand, great burrn and soft finish that can keep you puffing on these things stick after stick.

Comments

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds great, whens the release?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Love the story behind these. DE had to get their staff to stop smoking Liga Privada stuff due to lack of stock, so the rollers and what not used the other tobacco bought with the tobaccos used in the Liga blends to make a cigar they could smoke at work (when a factory buys tobacco from some farmers, they can't buy just ligero, they get a viso and seco from the same crop)... and thus the Undercrown was born.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Is ccom going to be getting these in?
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Poor man's #9 sounds like a dream to me, can't wait!