Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Baltimore, MD

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
Goin to Balt this weds and thurs, any recommendations for things to eat or things ive gotta see?

Comments

• Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Where are you staying, downtown ? Are you traveling by yourself ?
  • Options
    goin with the GF, and stayin near Baltimore City Community College
  • Options
    There's a few campuses for BCCC. Lombard St., which is more downtown Inner Harbor and Liberty Heights. Hopefully your staying near the campus on Lombard St., Inner Harbor area. If it's the one near Liberty Heights bring a sidearm and don't venture far from the lobby. Do you know which one ?
  • Options
    Inner Harbor. I'm not worried about the people though, I live in NYC.
  • Options
    For activites if your into baseball there's an O's game Wednesday during the day. I'm not into baseball that much but I still have a good time there. You've also got the Fort McHenry National Monument. I heard they have a brand new visitors center since the last time I was there and it's supposed to be nice if your into the history sort of thing. You can also walk around the harbor and see the USS Constellation. It's supposed to be hot so if you're looking for something to do inside check out the Aquarium.

As far as food goes I normally get my steamed crabs from a carry-out place near my house but if you want to try some downtown try either Captain James Crabhouse or Obrycki's. My two favorite upscale places are Ruth's Chris on Water Street or The Prime Rib on N. Calvert. There are tons of bars around there in Canton and Fells Point. I like Kislings, they have great wings. For breakfast, Blue Moon Cafe. Last but not least if you can make the 15 min drive over near where I live there's a place called Chap's Pit Beef. All I can say is yes it's in the parking lot of a strip club and it's a dive but they have the absolute best pit beef hands down. If you go there stick to the pit beef sandwich, onions if you like them, and put tiger sauce on it. Everything else is just so-so.
  • Options
    We're comin in by Chaps and planned to go there. Also planned to hit Obrycki's, and some places she used to eat at. Thanks for the info,

Any good B&Ms you can recommend?
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    Inner Harbor. I'm not worried about the people though, I live in NYC.
    At least in NYC you kinda get an advanced warning that you're entering the hood. Baltimore turns ghetto pretty damn quick! Had to drop a coworker off at the bus station once and couldn't get out of that neighborhood quick enough.
  • Options
    PsychoSJG:
    We're comin in by Chaps and planned to go there. Also planned to hit Obrycki's, and some places she used to eat at. Thanks for the info,

Any good B&Ms you can recommend?
    I'll be honest with you I don't go to the B&M's downtown. The B&M I always drive to is in Delaware. It's right off 95 and would be a pretty quick detour for you. I try and drive up there as often as I can.

Cigar-ette City
    460 Peoples Plaza
    Newark, DE 19702

If you stop by there you wont be disappointed, guard your wallet. The walk-ins straight back on the left.
  • Options
    So how was the trip ?
  • Options
    It was good. F'n hot the whole time. Lots of being in the hotel with AC and testing out the bed, and during the evenings when it was cooler we went to her old college and she showed me around, hit up her college places and her fav spots. Also went around Fells Point, ate at Obrycki's, and Chap's (her fav was the pit beef while mine was The Raven). Wish it was cooler so we could have done more, but it was deff fun. I'm sure we'll go down again (during better weather) and try to set up a Balt area herf.