Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Padron Habano and Maduro

edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
I haven't tried any of these yet but i'm very interested in them. What do you guys think of them? I have had the Anniversaries and like them very much but can't see myself spending that much to have a few of those in my humidor. The Habano and Maduro are reasonably priced. Thanks for everyones input...

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I don't care for the natural wrappers (every one I've had has an extremely loose draw), but I like the maduro's a lot (firmer/normal draw); Padron 4000 Maduro is one of my fav's
  • Options
    I'm thinking about buying a 5 pack of each so i can try the natural and maduro and see what i like. Knowing my palate i'm most likley going to like the maduro.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I've never actually had the natural either, but I love the maduro
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    edelrionyc:
    I'm thinking about buying a 5 pack of each so i can try the natural and maduro and see what i like. Knowing my palate i'm most likley going to like the maduro.
    This sounds like a reasonable plan to me, man. I've had a few of each wrapper and like them both pretty well, but I do prefer the habano to the maduro. I just feel like it complements the blend a bit better without overpowering it. The maduro is a fantastic wrapper, don't get me wrong, but the habano just seems to fit on a belnd a bit better. I'll also add that IMO, the original padron blends tend to be better in the thicker ring guages 50+. Now I'm not a lancero guy, but I do tend to prefer rings in the mid 40's usually, but this blend just works at a 50-56. My favorite being the 6000 Natural. Post up some reviews once you smoke them man, we gotta give the standard line some love.
  • Options
    I love the 3000 and Churchill. I prefer Natural to Maduro, but they're both fantastic.
  • Options
    I just purchase 5 of the #5000 in natural and 5 of the #5000 in maduro.... Let's see how they are...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    edelrionyc:
    I just purchase 5 of the #5000 in natural and 5 of the #5000 in maduro.... Let's see how they are...
    Those are the ones I like, the 5000s. I also like the 3000s. I get bored with the maduros, but I tend to get bored with most maduros anyway, so I opt for the natural, but both are rock solid cigars. Very, very consistent with regard to construction as well.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    edelrionyc:
    You're gonna love em both! Padron anything is gonna be an excellent stick IMHO. For all the favors wwhwang has done for me, one of the best was singing the praises of the Padron lines from the mountaintop. Make sure to post your thoughts on them on this thread as you try em out.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    I love the 3000 and Churchill. I prefer Natural to Maduro, but they're both fantastic.
    I'll just quote this since it's just about word for word what I'd post. If you're a long, skinny fan, give the panatella a shot, very nice flavor.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I like both for different reasons. I find the maduros to be a little more full-bodied and the naturals on the medium side. Both have very good flavors with the maduro being slightly sweet on the finish. Both are absolutely worth trying, in my opinion.

My two favorite vitolas are the Londres and the Delicias.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Padron Londres Maduro is my favorite but I have enjoyed everyone I have tried so far.
  • Options
    So I finally smoked both habano and maduro today. As I figured I prefer the maduro more. the habano had a bit of a spicy start but then mellowed out. I would consider it to be more on the medium side. The maduro was a bit stronger on the medium to fuller side and had a sweet taste through out. Both cigars burned perfectly without me having to relight. Both had a very easy and free flowing smoke. You don't have to toke to hard to get a nice creamy smoke from them. Both cigars are great but since I like a fuller body and sweeter taste the maduro is better suited for me. I definitely recommend both cigars.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Love almost every size in this line, and like jozer and Unthought Known, I prefer the natural wrapped version.... in fact, I prefer the Padron naturals in every line. I think Padron is one of those brands that has really found what they do well, and they do it. They don't have a ton of lines, just 3 core lines, and the annual Family Reserve release, and in keeping it simple, they have really perfected the few cigars that they make. The pricing on the x000 series is also unbeatable. Not many cigars off the top of my head that provide the quality of the x000 at a comparable price. I love the two lonsdale sizes in particular (Palmas and Ambassador), as well as the 3000, 2000, and Panatela.