Home General Discussion
Options

Moving to Florida....

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Hello all. Long time no see. Just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that I'm leaving this wretched state called Maryland and going back to Jacksonville, FL. I know there's a few of you on here that are down in Florida so hit me up.

Maryland has to be one of the worst places I have ever lived and I have no desire to ever return. I feel sorry for everyone who continues to live here as I have no doubt that one day it and all it's idiot politicians and leaders will one day break off of the United States and fall into the Chesapeake Bay.

So farewell to this sh1thole! Florida here I come. At least, in about 12 days here I come.

Comments

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Tell us how you really feel :)
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    SO you're happy about the move? Welcome back to the south. Where freedom still exists.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    HOLY CRAP!!!!
    Congrats man.

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    WOO!! Welcome back to one of the saner States in the Union!!

Only question is, why Jacksonville? Considering how big FL is, I think you could do better
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy America's ****!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was in Canada?
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Welcome back, let me know when your settled in and ready to herf. NAS Mechanic huh? Guess you will be movin over to Orange Park area. Don't know how long it's been but there are a few good places that have cropped up in the last few years. Let me know if you have any questions on where to go if you need help. If not then you already know where to go and I'm there on the weekends. Hit me up when your ready and we will go smoke a few.
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    xmacro:

Only question is, why Jacksonville? Considering how big FL is, I think you could do better

Ya macro have to agree with you there, but I bet it has to do with NAS. There is one down in Tampa too. Hope one day to make Tampa my home. Sorry Jacksonville but Tampa has my heart.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That is cool, look forward to having a smoke with you
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I lived in Jacksonville when I was in the Navy and that's where my wife and I met. She's from Jacksonville so all her family is there. We're moving so she can finish her degree down in Gainsville. Will be living down in Middleburg a few miles from her parents house so it will be an easy commute for me and for her, plus all kinds of people to watch our daughter while we're both trying to further our education.

I'd love to be able to stay here and save up some more money because I get paid really well here, but there is no childcare here, no support network for us, no universities near by, and the place just really sucks in general.

Looking forward to herfin it up a bit with some you fellas. Stephen, get out before the place falls into the Chesapeake. I'm telling you. It's gonna happen. LOL.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    BlueRings:
    xmacro:

Ya macro have to agree with you there, but I bet it has to do with NAS. There is one down in Tampa too. Hope one day to make Tampa my home. Sorry Jacksonville but Tampa has my heart.

Same here, not a day goes by Im not homesick for Tampa. Moved away from there a year and a half ago. The southwest is crap compared to Florida.

Congrats on moving to where you really want to live.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome news man! Congrats and have a great and safe move!