Home General Discussion
Options

How many cigars do you smoke a day?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't always get to smoke a cigar every day.  Two today but usually 4-5 per week if lucky.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Fine137Fine137 Posts: 39 ✭✭✭
    1-2 a week, but only 1/3 to 1/2 of each.  Have to limit my nicotine input due to broken bone.  Apparently nicotine is not conducive to bone growth.

Six weeks from now I’m looking forward to enjoying a whole cigar!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first third is often the best part of the cigar. I had two great cigars today so far.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winter, 1-3 per week.
    Summer, 3-5 per week. A good week may see one per day.
    Rarely ever more than one per day. But some holidays, I may smoke 3 in a day.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing at  least 5 per week on average.  There are some days I don't have time to enjoy a cigar and there are some days I have time to enjoy more than one.  I really enjoy a cigar in the morning on days I'm not working  Work gets in the way of morning and afternoon cigars on most days.  Not ready to retire yet, but I am looking forward to it.  
  • Options
    NineToesNineToes Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    I will have one cigar in the evening on work days. When I'm off I have one around noon and one in the evening.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost always at least 1 a day. But I average 2-3. Then there are those days where I might have 4-5. 
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weather permitting...
    Summer and Fall 3 to 5 a week.
    Winter and Spring 1 to 2 a month.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally 3-5 per week, sometimes I smoke that many on a Saturday. There was a time a year ago it was 1 or 2 a day, however, lately it has been none for 4-5 weeks while dealing with some health issues.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 a day. But lately maybe 2 - 3 a week. I hate smoking in the house unless I can open a window so the smoke goes out. When it's nice enough to get outside then 1a day in the evening. I just don't enjoy them during the day.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not every day. About 4 a week.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too ^
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    duaneion7duaneion7 Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

The data indicates that consumption of up to two cigars per day, while not completely safe, is neither associated with significantly increased risks for death from all causes, nor smoking-related cancers.

Source:
    https://www.rstreet.org/2016/08/24/fda-study-cancer-risks-nearly-nil-for-1-2-cigars-per-day/

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Those smoking fewer than 5 cigars daily had no significantly increased risks for stroke, emphysema, oral/pharynx cancer or lung cancer."

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weekend warrior until it warms up in midwest then 1 or 2 a day

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

0 - 2 per day, 7 per week

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 1/3 per day during the week ( The 1/3 is the minis I smoke on the way to work )...Weekends, 2 per day.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

1 to 3, depends on what I have going on. Always a morning smoke with coffee.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@duaneion7 said:
    The data indicates that consumption of up to two cigars per day, while not completely safe, is neither associated with significantly increased risks for death from all causes, nor smoking-related cancers.

Source:
    https://www.rstreet.org/2016/08/24/fda-study-cancer-risks-nearly-nil-for-1-2-cigars-per-day/

What does the data say about how many cigars you smoke a day?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@duaneion7 said:

Source:

What does the data say about how many cigars you smoke a day?

I sometimes google new screen names just to see the trails they leave all over the interwebs and/or what kind of trouble they stir up elsewhere. Seems like all of them with a trail to follow have been playing online poker.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy's name is bill and he's from Las Vegas and he's NOT ME. Looks like he's just spreading the link around the internet so it gets a lot of views and gets to be higher on google searches.

Don't look ↑