Home General Discussion
Options

Gurkha Black Dragon

Ever since NYHCx516x gave me a Gurkha Black Dragon, I've been searching for another or something similar. My order just came in of 10 Gurkha Titans and I was looking to get the Black Dragons from the Guerilla Warfare section of the website. Although upon my research there appear to be several Black Dragons by Gurkha. Are they all different? Is it the size and shape that is different? Is it the packaging that's different? Is it the wrap that's different?

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know they're all the same wrapper and filler combination, with the exception of the one with the double wrapper (barber pole). The Black Dragon is one of my favorite cigars

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    karcus:
    Ever since NYHCx516x gave me a Gurkha Black Dragon, I've been searching for another or something similar. My order just came in of 10 Gurkha Titans and I was looking to get the Black Dragons from the Guerilla Warfare section of the website. Although upon my research there appear to be several Black Dragons by Gurkha. Are they all different? Is it the size and shape that is different? Is it the packaging that's different? Is it the wrap that's different?

2 situations I think. Different sizes, and different time frames they came out.

Different sizes would be just that, different size sticks in the line - pretty standard.

The other one... Gurkha is known for their love of fancy packaging. Black Dragon line has been out for quite some time, I think its gone through several re-vamps of the packaging by now.
  • Options
    karcuskarcus Posts: 6
    So, the Black Dragons in the Guerilla Warfare section should be as tasty as the ones you gave me???
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be. I got a box of the Black Dragon Tubos and they are delicious.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    The BD is the only Gurka I've ever been impressed with. Not that I've had a ton.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The original black dragon was around $1100 per cigar.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    rwheelwright:

...and came in a Camel Bone hand carved box if I recall correctly.

Karcus... yes, should be just as tasty! - minus the fancy glass tubos
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this. I have had one of the Churchills from the frosted glass tubo and one from the Guerilla Warfare deal, they are identical cigars as far as flavor.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    rwheelwright:
    Did it come with butler to ash the cigar for you? That is crazy expensive for a cigar.
  • Options
    granneja:
    rwheelwright:
    Did it come with butler to ash the cigar for you? That is crazy expensive for a cigar.
    I would have preferred a chic to "ash" it. For the record, I have never had one of the $1100 ones. I have had the reblended one that is currently available. I'm sure it wasn't the cigar that was worth that price. It was problaby the hand carved camel bone box and that fact that only like 4 were made to make it quite limited.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    rwheelwright:
    granneja:
    rwheelwright:
    I would have preferred a chic to "ash" it. For the record, I have never had one of the $1100 ones. I have had the reblended one that is currently available. I'm sure it wasn't the cigar that was worth that price. It was problaby the hand carved camel bone box and that fact that only like 4 were made to make it quite limited.
    I figured it might just be the packaging, but holy smokes that is a lot of money for a fancy box. I have not tried the Black Dragon yet, but might have to take a look sometime due to the positive press on the site. Some of the other Ghurka's I have smoked have been good, but nothing has blown my socks off yet.
  • Options
    I got some black dragons when they have the warfare thing going on. But I still have one or two left that I got about 3 years ago. Getting ready to smoke it soon.