Home General Discussion
Options

thank the lord for my wineador

we are getting slammed with a heatwave 91-100 in illinois all this week......and guess what ,,,my central air isnt working properly....the place cant go lower than 75....had the tech come out today, and fix it ,,,,,5 hours later same damn problem....i moved all my humis to the collest place, and placed a fan right on them....also moved as many cigars as i can into my wineador....which is keeping 65/65....awesome....thank god for my wineador ( a haier )....got two nice wooden drawers made for it, and also have two boxes to hold the rest of the cigars.... i even tried to walk to the dog and smoke a cigar.....u cant even breathe out there...the little guy just laid down by the shade and didnt want to go anymore.....lol waiting for the tech to come again..wish me luck

Comments

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Yeah, the whole country shares your pain for the most part. 134 heat index in northern MN yesterday. A state record. Just crazy stupid.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    75 isnt that bad at all for cigars.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    kuzi16:
    75 isnt that bad at all for cigars.
    When do you have to worry about beetles? I have heard they start hatching at 72 degrees. Are they really a concern if you buy from reputable dealers like ccom?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    80 with an rh above 70.
    just keep the rh down and all will be good. 65-68 and youll be fine.

your bigger concern is not so much the dealer but the manufacturer.

all the better ones fumigate or freeze.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I've been hitting 100 at 10 A.M., 108+ by 2-3 P.M. My A/C struggles to stay at 77 during the heat of the day.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    kuzi16:
    80 with an rh above 70.
    just keep the rh down and all will be good. 65-68 and youll be fine.

your bigger concern is not so much the dealer but the manufacturer.

all the better ones fumigate or freeze.
    Thanks Kuzi. Good info to know. I have been worried about my humi going over 71.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I also have a winedor and have been very happy with it. The temp gets around 80 in the house during the day and my cigars are resting in a blissful 66/68! I am in the process of building my own Spanish Cedar shelves and would encourage every cigar smoker to invest in a winedor! I've paid about $150 for everything and will have space for at least 100-150 smokes! AND...its temp/rh controlled to boot! I almost want to make a HUGE winedor the size of a fridge but my wife would kill me.
  • Options
    acewoodsonacewoodson Posts: 191
    It's the same here bro. It was 105 the other day. I wanted a cigar but it was to hot during the evening. I stayed up until 1AM just so it was cool enough to go out and enjoy a cigar on the porch.