Home General Discussion
Options

Top 3 Smokes

So I just got my first shipment of cigars since Cigar.com stopped shipping to Canada (and you cannot imagine how much you miss good customer service, like the staff at ccom, when it's gone) And I picked up my first ever Padron (a 1964 Imperial Maduro), mainly because of how everyone on here talks about them.

I was wondering what everyone's top 3 cigars that you must try are. (I want to make a list and see what comes up)

I'm only a couple years into smoking cigars so my list is very limited but for the heck of it my list is:

1. H. Upmann- Petite Corona
2. La Aurora Preferido- Sapphire
3. Montecristo #3

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    My top three brands have not changed since the last time the top 3 thread was pulled up:
    1)La Flor Dominicana
    2) Avo
    3) Joya de Nicaragua

my top 10 has not changed since THIS thread was brought up last:
    1) Davidoff Maduro
    2) Arturo Fuente OpusX
    3) Mow Armada
    4) Avo Domaine
    5) LFD Airbender
    6) Camacho Diploma Maduro
    7) JdN Celebracion
    8) Camacho Triple Maduro
    9) LFD DL Maduro
    10) JdN antano

As far as best cigars ever smoked?
    Avo 22 original release
    OpusX #4 from 2006
    the first Davidoff Maduro i ever had.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    1.) OpusX 2.) MOW Armada 3.) MOW Ruination
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Not including one off releases, my top 3 would be:

1. Fuente Fuente Opus X Reserva D'Chateau
    2. Padron 1926 No. 6
    3. Trinidad Robusto T

That's a hard list to narrow down to, also. I have a ton of cigars I LOVE, and even broader, whole brands that I love most of, if not everything they do.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Not including one off releases, my top 3 would be:

1. Fuente Fuente Opus X Reserva D'Chateau
    2. Padron 1926 No. 6
    3. Trinidad Robusto T

That's a hard list to narrow down to, also. I have a ton of cigars I LOVE, and even broader, whole brands that I love most of, if not everything they do.
    I have came back to this thread a few times to try to name my top 3 but like doc said, it's hard to narrow the list down to my top three. I too have a lot of cigars, as well as some brands, that I absolutely love. To complicate matters further, I think it is a lil tougher for me because I have never had any of the ultra premiums like Opus, Davidoff, Padron Anny's, or any ISOM's. Those "ultra" premiums seem to make it easier to name your top cigar(s).

That being said, here's the list of my top three cigars...

1. MOW Armada
    2. Gurkha Black Dragon
    3. Camacho Triple Maduro

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    To me, a "Top 3 Smoke" is something that I could smoke everyday...something easily available. That being said, a big factor for me is price. The uber premium stuff is great and all, but I can't really afford to smoke them often enough for them to be a favorite...for me anyways. Granted, this is just one fella's opinion an' all.

Top 3:
    1. San Lotano Habano
    2. MoW Ruination
    3. Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I don't have as much experience as many of you, but here are my top 3 anyways:

1. 1. Padilla Series 68
    2. 2. Man O' War Puro Authentico
    3. 3. 5 Vegas Gold Maduro
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    1. Cabaiguan 46 Maduro
    2. LP Dirty Rat
    3. 262 Paradigm
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    1. Davidoff Maduro Toro
    2. Anejo Shark 77/Opus X cigars
    3. Liga Privada No9s
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Couldn't even list 'em if I wanted to. There's about 10-15 cigars that manage to stay at the top, but they cycle around depending on the time of year, my mood, what's going on at the time, etc. My three favorite brands are:

Avo
    LFD
    Davidoff

Maybe I should combine Avo and Davidoff and put Fuente in there at spot #3.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Centurian, Cuba Libre and Ave Maria Lionheart. As I smoke different cigars I may change this list, but for now these are definitely my favorites.