Home General Discussion
Options

A horrendous round of golf called for one solution.

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Therapy

Photobucket

Comments

• Options
    My god, I hate photobucket.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    uh... that is a lot of code for one image. you could just cut and paste the image code provided by photobucket....
  • Options
    Grrr... I kept recopying it because it kept pasting in sideways, and it'd be nice if you could just delete a post. Anyway, you get the idea of what I was going for.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it is the proper orientation on my end.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Dark and Stormy! (well, without the Gosling's anyway). I was introduced to those in Bermuda several years ago. Where did you find the Barritt's? I've never seen it in the U.S. They had that stuff in the self-serve fountain drink things in the fast food restaurants in Bermuda. I couldn't get enough of it and I don't typically care for soft drinks all that much.
  • Options
    And I'm sad to say this God of Fire by Don Carlos is doing nothing for me. I kinda just don't like it. Great burn and draw, but the taste is just coming across as kinda blecht.
  • Options
    Thomas Tew is a local rum made by Newport Storm Brewery. The liquor store I bought it from gave me the ginger beer for free. That brand is quite common in Newport, RI. I don't really care for this pairing. A dark and stormy is best with Goslings dark. The Tew is best straight.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    And I'm sad to say this God of Fire by Don Carlos is doing nothing for me. I kinda just don't like it. Great burn and draw, but the taste is just coming across as kinda blecht.
    .. Don't feel to bad about the G o F, I've had one and I wasn't really blown over by it either. Got one more aging, a Carlito 2006. We will see what happens with that one some time in the future.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Thomas Tew is a local rum made by Newport Storm Brewery. The liquor store I bought it from gave me the ginger beer for free. That brand is quite common in Newport, RI. I don't really care for this pairing. A dark and stormy is best with Goslings dark. The Tew is best straight.
    I hear ya - something about the sweet-smoky-charcoal of the Gosling dark just mixes so well with the ginger beer, for me anyway, but it doesn't always pair well with some cigars.

Sorry to hear the GOF isn't doing the trick - never had one myself. Sounds like you need to grab an old standby that you know you'll enjoy and spark it up!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    committed to about 5 gof, havent tried one yet and maynot for a month or two, but sometimes the cheaper smokes are just as good,lol , but everyones taste are different fer sure, seems like the most consistent to me lately are the lfd and af's, but that rum sure looks tasty!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    A dark and stormy is best with Goslings dark.

+1!!!

Bermuda rocks my face off :0)
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I've still never tried the ol' GoF. One day though...