eBay Auction

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and only 3 bucks to ship in a 1 stamp envelope,lol
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Diamondog:
    Somebody auctioning 6 Diesel Unlimited cigar bands oneBay for $8 lol

eBay Auction
    When I first read that, I thought: "Wow. Are the cigars really that bad that someone would give them away for that price?" Then I saw the word 'bands'.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Maybe he's thinkin the same idiot that pays $200 for a pair of Diesel jeans will happen by and just have to have them. lol

And if they do sell, DD I'm sure you've thrown away a few thousand dollars worth the way you used to go thru unlimiteds.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Isn't that how people get around the no tobacco policy on ebay? By selling collectable bands? The things they're wrapped around just happen to come with them.

Look at the other cigar sales on there - they all say 'bands'. However, they do actually show the sticks. This guy might be trying to pull one over on somebody by literally selling the bands only lol
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, thats how they do it , collectibles , they have plenty bottles of booze on there too, they just have to put the disclimers on there at the bottom ;; The value of the item is the collectible packaging, not the tobacco itself. The value of the packaging is higher than the current retail price of the tobacco in the package. While the package has been opened, the tobacco inside is not for consumption. The collectible packaging is not currently available in stores. The buyer must be at least 18 years old. (As the seller, I'm responsible for making sure this rule is met.) Both the buyer and the seller are following all applicable laws and shipping regulations for this transaction.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Could be for the cigars too, at first I thoughtit wasn't
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    On ebay, when they sell cigars, they put them as "collectible bands", well 95% of them are. You are actually buying cigars on ebay, they are just going around the loop hole and listing them as "bands".
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Kind of like scalping a ticket online I guess. "Yeah, the ticket is face value, but this collectable baseball cap that I'm throwing in will cost you an extra $250" lol
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Looks like it is just the bands to me.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I think this guy is just a scammer... Although, I did not know you could buy cigars on EBay at all, so now maybe I'll actually go to Ebay from time to time
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I did not know you could buy cigars on EBay at all, so now maybe I'll actually go to Ebay from time to time

I just learned about this a few months back. I went on once to check it out, and all I could find was some guy trying to sell 100 year old cubans. I think he even put something about them being completely unsmokable.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Lasabar:
    I think this guy is just a scammer
    His rating is terrible...anyone lower than 99% min I avoid period...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting, I never thought to look on eBay for cigars.