Home General Discussion

General rule for amount of cigars in a humidor

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion or a general rule for the number of cigars to put in a humidor. If you pack it full, is it going to have a negative effect on the cigars? I am humidifying with humicare jars right now...I know, I know I should get some heartfelt beads, but I have busted my cigar budget for the month. Should you leave a certain amount open to allow air flow? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I go with as many that will fit without forcing them in there. Haven't had any problems to date
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    skweekz:
    I go with as many that will fit without forcing them in there. Haven't had any problems to date
    +1, same here. Additionally, there is nothing wrong with the humi-care jars - if they're working fine for you, there's no reason to change.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Full humi's hold their RH better than half-empty humi's - it's better to keep it full
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    skweekz:
    +1, same here.

+2 Full is better.
  • Smoke=Fire:
    The Sniper:
    skweekz:
    +1, same here.

+2 Full is better.

+3 every time my humi gets low on cigars (less than half it's capacity), it doesn't keep it's humidity very well!!!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Fill that sucker full!! Stick to the golden rule that MORE IS BETTER! Then get a bigger humidor and repeat!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'd say just leave a little bit of open air so that you can have circulation, but other than that... BUY MORE CIGARS!!!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    I'm stuffed - appears to be easier to regulate RH - I might be able to put in 10-12 more sticks and thats it - have 109 in there now.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    if the lid closes, I'm good.
  • klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    zoom6zoom:
    +1
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Full humidor? What's that? Every time I look into it a spot for another cigar appears. Hmm
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    zoom6zoom:

Due to recent purchases, I feel like I am constantly playing cigar tetris trying to get the lid closed.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    When you're designing new ways to stack cigars then it might be good...ish.... lol

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Full humi's hold their RH better than half-empty humi's - it's better to keep it full
    +1
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Great amount of info guys, just wanting to make sure I am not overloading it. Thanks for the advice. I was looking over the stash last night and wanted to throw the question out there.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    this.
    its so much better that even having a humidor that is under 1/2 way could make it more difficult to maintain RH.