Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens Execution

jj20030jj20030 galveston islandPosts: 5,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Oh man that pi$$es me off. Fuggin power trippin pig
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭
    I can see where the cop can be pissed... My own personality would have made me put more effort into letting them know I had a gun, but basically so that I wouldn't get a crazy a$$hole like this guy blowing up on me.

    But the officer over-reacted after the situation was safe. I believe he has some deep seeded hate for the concealed carry law or something and this incident was his boiling point. I find that as a bastion of peace and order for our society every public servant must continually put "Self" Aside and move towards the greater good, this officer, clearly could not.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 ChitownPosts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Shame on this officer for not treating everyone he encounters as if they were armed. He should have had everyone out of the car and patted down before any searching took place. Although, it's hard to tell the situation from one camera angle, so who knows the whole story 100%? As far as his words and attitude, no biggie. People lose their cool all time in this profession. He still may be a great officer who locks up bad guys every day. This one video shouldn't be a summary of the profession or his career. He needs to learn to keep his cool and move on from there.

    As with any new law, there are kinks that need to be worked out.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Heavy:
    Oh man that pi$$es me off. Fuggin power trippin pig
    Your not much better with the immature name calling
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Ya unfortunately I am sure there have been many police officers that have been injured or killed because they weren't able to keep their **** together....I wouldn't be a good beat cop, I'd lose my cool and when you do that you're not thinking about proper procedures and could easily be ending up dead...
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,267
    lilwing88:
    Shame on this officer for not treating everyone he encounters as if they were armed. He should have had everyone out of the car and patted down before any searching took place. Although, it's hard to tell the situation from one camera angle, so who knows the whole story 100%? As far as his words and attitude, no biggie. People lose their cool all time in this profession. He still may be a great officer who locks up bad guys every day. This one video shouldn't be a summary of the profession or his career. He needs to learn to keep his cool and move on from there.

    As with any new law, there are kinks that need to be worked out.
    +1
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    JZ:
    Heavy:
    Oh man that pi$$es me off. Fuggin power trippin pig
    Your not much better with the immature name calling
    Yeah because calling this guy with a badge and a chip on his shoulder a "pig" on an internet message board is about the same as threatening someone's life and abusing the power entrusted in him by the public. Give me a break.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    JZ, I also want to apologize to you for the slur becuase I realize you are a police officer. I'm as conservative as they get and generally support you guys and everything you have to deal with on a daily basis to the fullest. But I've dealt with pric.k cops like this in the past and it just struck a nerve, but my opinion of this guy will never change. If we have to agree to disagree than so be it.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Heavy:
    JZ, I also want to apologize to you for the slur becuase I realize you are a police officer. I'm as conservative as they get and generally support you guys and everything you have to deal with on a daily basis to the fullest. But I've dealt with pric.k cops like this in the past and it just struck a nerve, but my opinion of this guy will never change. If we have to agree to disagree than so be it.
    I dont condone his behavior the least bit and that kind of behavior tarnishes the badge for all the officers that serve the public with respect and dignity. Like all professions we have a few bad apples and unfortunately the negative actions of a few idiots causes the public to lose confidence in the profession. I apologize for my rude comment as well, No hard feelings.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    10-4. I truly understand that this guy doesn't represent the entire profession and my comments in this thread are intended solely for him and no one else. Thanks for what you do every day. I'm sure it can't be easy in the ATL.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I've personally known both types of cops. It's the 2% giving the other 98% a bad name - not the reverse like it is for lawyers! (J/K!)

    It does tick me off that the officer seemed to assume the worst about the guy automatically because he had a pistol on him. My thought is that if someone pays the money and goes through all the trouble to get a licence... they're probably not looking to break the law! They're the good guys!

    JDE

  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    JonathanE:
    I've personally known both types of cops. It's the 2% giving the other 98% a bad name - not the reverse like it is for lawyers! (J/K!)

    It does tick me off that the officer seemed to assume the worst about the guy automatically because he had a pistol on him. My thought is that if someone pays the money and goes through all the trouble to get a licence... they're probably not looking to break the law! They're the good guys!

    JDE

    Ya well, looks like he was out consorting with a **** lol...not sure how many upstanding indiviuals consort with whores...
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭
    JZ:
    Heavy:
    JZ, I also want to apologize to you for the slur becuase I realize you are a police officer. I'm as conservative as they get and generally support you guys and everything you have to deal with on a daily basis to the fullest. But I've dealt with pric.k cops like this in the past and it just struck a nerve, but my opinion of this guy will never change. If we have to agree to disagree than so be it.
    I dont condone his behavior the least bit and that kind of behavior tarnishes the badge for all the officers that serve the public with respect and dignity. Like all professions we have a few bad apples and unfortunately the negative actions of a few idiots causes the public to lose confidence in the profession. No hard feelings.


    The sad thing is, so many times we only hear/see the bad tapes from the chase cams, but rarely the good work that is done by you all in uniform. Oh, we hear about them when a Police Officer is killed in the line of duty, but not the day to day grind, the good works done by the thousands who keep us safe by placing themselves in harms way.

    And I for one would not want to trade places with them for a moment. Think about it, they live their lives on a constant edge, always having to view each situation as if it is life threatening, because it might very well be...but they never know for sure which one.

    I'm a firefighter with the USFS, and know something about risk and duty, but still cannot fathom the pressure that Police Officers must live with daily. So I'm a little more understanding, in that I can see why some of them do not handle the stresses of the job well and react the way they do. I don't look at them as inherently evil or bad, but that they should heed the signs, and find another profession, one that does not drive them to abuse or tarnish the authority they have been vested with.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    JonathanE:
    I've personally known both types of cops. It's the 2% giving the other 98% a bad name - not the reverse like it is for lawyers! (J/K!)

    It does tick me off that the officer seemed to assume the worst about the guy automatically because he had a pistol on him. My thought is that if someone pays the money and goes through all the trouble to get a licence... they're probably not looking to break the law! They're the good guys!

    JDE

    Ya well, looks like he was out consorting with a **** lol...not sure how many upstanding indiviuals consort with whores...
    Well, back in the day...but I was a young Marine then, and what happens in Okinawa stays in Okinawa. ;)

    And Korea >.>
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    Diamondog:
    JonathanE:
    I've personally known both types of cops. It's the 2% giving the other 98% a bad name - not the reverse like it is for lawyers! (J/K!)

    It does tick me off that the officer seemed to assume the worst about the guy automatically because he had a pistol on him. My thought is that if someone pays the money and goes through all the trouble to get a licence... they're probably not looking to break the law! They're the good guys!

    JDE

    Ya well, looks like he was out consorting with a **** lol...not sure how many upstanding indiviuals consort with whores...
    Well, back in the day...but I was a young Marine then, and what happens in Okinawa stays in Okinawa. ;)

    And Korea >.>
    Especially your illegitimate kids!
  • jj20030jj20030 galveston islandPosts: 5,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the guy was like trying to tell him he had a gun and a chl liscense, but heck it was miniutes before they ever question the driver, i dont understand why everybody wasnt took out before the questioning started, if it woulda been a bad guy he coulda jumped out and started firing before they knew what happend , i think he still had his chl in his hand when they put him in the police car
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    He should have just yelled regardless of what the cop said...I am licensed to carry a concealed firearm...
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Smoke=Fire:
    Diamondog:
    JonathanE:
    I've personally known both types of cops. It's the 2% giving the other 98% a bad name - not the reverse like it is for lawyers! (J/K!)

    It does tick me off that the officer seemed to assume the worst about the guy automatically because he had a pistol on him. My thought is that if someone pays the money and goes through all the trouble to get a licence... they're probably not looking to break the law! They're the good guys!

    JDE

    Ya well, looks like he was out consorting with a **** lol...not sure how many upstanding indiviuals consort with whores...
    Well, back in the day...but I was a young Marine then, and what happens in Okinawa stays in Okinawa. ;)

    And Korea >.>
    I lived in Okinawa back in the early 80's. Lived on Camp Lester!
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭
    JZ:
    Smoke=Fire:
    Diamondog:
    JonathanE:
    I've personally known both types of cops. It's the 2% giving the other 98% a bad name - not the reverse like it is for lawyers! (J/K!)

    It does tick me off that the officer seemed to assume the worst about the guy automatically because he had a pistol on him. My thought is that if someone pays the money and goes through all the trouble to get a licence... they're probably not looking to break the law! They're the good guys!

    JDE

    Ya well, looks like he was out consorting with a **** lol...not sure how many upstanding indiviuals consort with whores...
    Well, back in the day...but I was a young Marine then, and what happens in Okinawa stays in Okinawa. ;)

    And Korea >.>
    I lived in Okinawa back in the early 80's. Lived on Camp Lester!
    LOL...Camp Hansen, right outside of Sinville...Kinville! I was stationed there in '85. Pulled a stint with 3rd LSB, 3rd FSSG.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Double entry some how.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭✭
    One of the courses I taught at our department and the academy was Officer Survival. That had to be the worst vehicle stop I've ever seen! Also, the officer was clearly out of control.

    A side tag leads to an article where the officer has been suspended and relieved of all duties. The case has been referred to Internal Affairs. In this case, the tape is pretty damning to the officer.
  • jj20030jj20030 galveston islandPosts: 5,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems as they dug up another one > http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9c0_1311892748
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    That guy's just not cut out to be a cop. Insane...
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I don't know the laws in other states but in Texas and Oklahoma if someone threatens you with deadly force (IE, "I'm gonna f-in kill you!") while in possession of the means to carry out the threat (IE, a gun.) then you are legally allowed to use deadly force against that person to protect yourself.

    If this cop worked in TX he would have been shot a long time ago. Based on the unreasonable way that he carries on I might have thought he was out of it myself and shot the guy! Anyone with a weapon on them, especially a cop, can't be saying stuff like, "shoot you in the head, " and, "f-in kill you!"

    He'll get his one day...

    JDE

Sign In or Register to comment.