Home General Discussion
Options

First nubbed cigar!

Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, I just smoked a cigar down to the nub, or at least as far down as I dare to. Churchill Brick House, and it was delicious. Only took 2 and a half hours too! Maybe not such an achievement, but still a first for me. Been enjoying cigars for about a year, and generally they get a little too hot/harsh for my liking. I am now an official cigar aficionado, i suppose. First post too, what a night of firsts! Been reading and looking around for a while, and really appreciate all of the knowledge and helpfulness of most guys here. So, Thanks!
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Isn't the brick house a nice cigar? I really enjoy it. Got turned on to them by a b&m, and just got a box. Great price on this cigar, Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    Oh man, I love em! Smooth all the way down. I tried one and then went for a 5-pack when I saw em. I will definitely be getting a box whenever I can! Thanks, man!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums!

I've "nubbed" enough of my favorites that my fingerprints aren't the same anymore.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    Welcome to the forums!

I've "nubbed" enough of my favorites that my fingerprints aren't the same anymore.
    +1
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Congratulations on your afficianado-ship. LOL Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the nubbing too - its a great feeling when you get hold of a great stick that you enjoy so much you just dont want it to end! What this hobby is all about IMHO...

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Welcome to the Asylum!

Nub'n is a good thing!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! and it is definitely great. I think I love the hobby more and more every day. Just upgraded humi's last month, and that sure sped up my cigar consumption! Someone's gotta step on the economy's gas, right? haha
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Welcome to the forum and congrats...
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your first nubbing and welcome to the forum. I rarely nub a cigar because it tends to get too warm for me towards the end, but every once in a while the stars align just right. It's a great discovery to find one that goes so well.
  • Options
    Yes, it is! Gonna try a la herencia cubano oscuro fuerte. And see how that goes!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Yes, it is! Gonna try a la herencia cubano oscuro fuerte. And see how that goes!
    I believe you will like thjat one too. Welcome to the family
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    bigharpoon:
    Congratulations on your first nubbing and welcome to the forum. I rarely nub a cigar because it tends to get too warm for me towards the end, but every once in a while the stars align just right. It's a great discovery to find one that goes so well.
    I'm the same way. I typically go with 2 inches or so left on the cigar. It may be a waste but I don't see any sense in going further than what I enjoy.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Haven't had the brickhouse, heck I don't even have one! My first smoke-to-the-nub in a while was an anejo 48 today that I received from the march madness sampler. That anejo wwas a fine smoke indeed.
  • Options
    Brickhouse 'gars are definitely some of my favorites. Only had a few, but i dont guess they're anything too special, just a real solid cigar... little spice, pretty smooth, on the milder side. I will certainly get a box when I can! I've never heard of anejo though!
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Gray4lines:
    Brickhouse 'gars are definitely some of my favorites. Only had a few, but i dont guess they're anything too special, just a real solid cigar... little spice, pretty smooth, on the milder side. I will certainly get a box when I can! I've never heard of anejo though!
    . It's made by fuente if you were wondering.
  • Options
    Gotcha, man. Those are supposed to be top notch, right? I've been wanting to get a couple of fuente's. Never had any of em.