Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar/Motorcycle Pairing

Hi gents,

Just put myself on the factory list for one of these:

2012 Harley-Davidson Fay Boy

2012 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

Any suggestions on the right pairing to accompany the first scenic road stop?

JDE

Comments

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Hmm, If it was me, I would be thinking along the lines of a Diesel UHC/Shorty or something from the Nub line. Congrats on the order too!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I've been riding since '72, bought my first Harley in '87. My thought would be a well rested 5-vegas Relic. Think about it, classic shape, requires just a bit of maintenance, very flavorful, just sounds right.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Maybe a trip to ccom hq's and pick something up in person, some nice roads up in PA. Whatever you decide will taste great on a great bike, until then, be safe over there.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Congrats!! I ride a Harley myself! Now you need some straight pipes off the jugs, some 18 in Apes, and start customizing it slowly! My bike is my other addiction!

Get yourself a Camacho Triple Maduro! One of my favs!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    jr_p951:
    Congrats!! I ride a Harley myself! Now you need some straight pipes off the jugs, some 18 in Apes, and start customizing it slowly! My bike is my other addiction!

Get yourself a Camacho Triple Maduro! One of my favs!
    yup, except I'd go with some wide beach bars (or the stock road king ones) intead, and make suer you lower that thing too (front and back). couldn't agree more on the straight pipes tho. Its a special kind of cruising when you set off every car alarm on the street.

as far as cigars smoksomething you've had before and you know you like, b/c you'll be too busy oogling the bike the pay that much attention to the cigar. andmost importantly . . . congrats, its a great hobby I've been riding harleys since 2000 and my wife has been since she was 17 in 1998. be careful and enjoy.

and you think cigars can get expensive . . . . .
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    @Monkey: Yes, something robust and fat on the aspect ratio... and with a dark wrapper...
    @Amos: Yes, something classic, flavorful and has character to it...
    @SpecialK: Good point - I think any cigar will taste good the first time I pair it with my Harley!
    @JR: I actually had the Camacho Pre-Embargo in mind. Not sure about the hangers but def the straight pipes!
    @Boyd: A known hit - definitely. And smoke it lowered. {B-) I like...

I'm surprised no one has recommended pairing a bikini clad femaile with the bike! I'm sure you'll agree that it's a good idea too though. Alright, here's the summary:

A robust, aged relic that's a little on the fat side with a flavorful character seasoned by a few years of healthy rest; classy.

So, on to specific examples. What fits that description? I'm thinking that JR is on the money with the Camacho Triple Maduro, actually. Any other candidates?

JDE

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    JonathanE:
    @Monkey: Yes, something robust and fat on the aspect ratio... and with a dark wrapper...
    @SpecialK: Good point - I think any cigar will taste good the first time I pair it with my Harley!
    @JR: I actually had the Camacho Pre-Embargo in mind. Not sure about the hangers but def the straight pipes!

I'm surprised no one has recommended pairing a bikini clad femaile with the bike! I'm sure you'll agree that it's a good idea too though. Alright, here's the summary:

A robust, aged relic that's a little on the fat side with a flavorful character seasoned by a few years of healthy rest; classy.

So, on to specific examples. What fits that description? I'm thinking that JR is on the money with the Camacho Triple Maduro, actually. Any other candidates?

JDE

Is that the woman or the cigar? I mean it IS a Harley...

^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    JonathanE:

JDE

Diesel Unlimited d.x
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    JonathanE:
    Any suggestions on the right pairing to accompany the first scenic road stop?

JDE

One of the Daily Hotties. In fact, this one. I know those shorts would look wonderfull hanging off the back of that bike. :)

You may thank me later. ;)

• Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking you should go with a Gurkha Titan
  • Options
    Well, I'm sure you're right but I can't see the shorts! I can't get any images from imageshack at all for some reason. I think it's filtered or something.

Yes, the Ghirka Titan is definitely on the list. Titan and Fat Boy match one another.

JDE

• Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    JonathanE:
    Well, I'm sure you're right but I can't see the shorts! I can't get any images from imageshack at all for some reason. I think it's filtered or something.

Yes, the Ghirka Titan is definitely on the list. Titan and Fat Boy match one another.

JDE

Doggone right a Titan and Harley go together. Your first right will be a nice long break in ride and therefore need a cigar that will last about as long as the ride.
  • Options
    willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    i ride a v-rod muscle whit vance and hines pipes, a american bike need a NUB (fat boy) to pair whit it. :)
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Ha Ha! I think this is a first. Don't know that I have seen this pairing yet discussed. :) I would first go for the Daily Hottie. My next criteria would be - you are going to have to pair that bike with a windshield or there will be no cigar pairing. :)

Congrats on the bike. I have a Road King and yep, I imbibe while driving. I don't usually smoke a premium on the bike. I have my road cigars, but for your first... Maybe an Illusione or a T-52 toro...
  • Options
    Nub Plus is definitely a good option for aspect ratio. I'm likin' it.

I was thinking in terms of driving to a scenic overlook in the mountains of NM to stop and have a smoke. Not so much on the windshield... I like both of the cigar suggestions though. I think the T52 in ~88~ would pair nicely.

I already have the Daily Hottie picked out. I should post a pic of her sometime.

JDE

• Options
    Ok, here's the Daily Hottie I'll be saddling up with...

Daily Honey

I guess since this is my wife I should refer to her as my "Daily Honey" instead?"

JDE

• Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    You are playing it safe my friend! You are getting a bike and you are smoking cigars. She is a daily honey. I would say she is a hottie also, and she's good to go!

In keeping with title track. I did pair a LFD double ligero with a harley today. It wasn't burning so well and no matter how much I turned it around (butt first) to the incoming air - it just wasn't breathing properly... :)
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Looking at a Sportster myself, but money the way it is, it's a big investment to jump on. Probably gonna have to hold out for a while. That's a damn fine ride there though (Wife is a hottie too brother)