Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

How does this work?

I have been lurking in the background for months now and thought it was time to come out of the shadows. I am hoping to now change my purchasing and smoking habits from quantity to quality. With that change I expect to be able to create some volume in my cigar stock and would enjoy getting involved in bombs and passes but have no understanding on how it works. Where do you find the addresses of BOTL's to send them a package etc? Any direction would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Here's the way it used to work...when the group was considerably smaller, it was easier for everyone to get to know one another, once that was accomplished, it was easy enough to get info from another member. What I would suggest is to stick around, be more active and build some relationships with people...at that point, when people know you, getting addresses will be as easy as asking someone.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingtim:
    I have been lurking in the background for months now and thought it was time to come out of the shadows. I am hoping to now change my purchasing and smoking habits from quantity to quality. With that change I expect to be able to create some volume in my cigar stock and would enjoy getting involved in bombs and passes but have no understanding on how it works. Where do you find the addresses of BOTL's to send them a package etc? Any direction would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Best advice is to work out a trade or seek out an individual you want to hit with a bomb and PM a few guys to see if you can get the address. Some guys don't want their addresses handed out freely but a bunch of us don't care. You will probably need to send a bomb or two or send first on a couple trades to get going. Read and post and get to know everyone.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Shoot, just ask Bip. He is carpet bombing and has everyone's address apparently. But imo, its better to make some friends before asking for people's address. You don't wanna sound like a terrorist.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    jr_p951:
    Shoot, just ask Bip. He is carpet bombing and has everyone's address apparently. But imo, its better to make some friends before asking for people's address. You don't wanna sound like a terrorist.
    It's surprising what's open source. Mwaahahahahaha
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    You could also start a thread looking to do a trade instead of a bomb. Something like 'hey I've got x, y and z available for a trade if anyone is interested - looking to get on the good traders list'. If someone is interested you'll send your package first and when they get it they'll send their package out. Trades are a great way to get to know people and once your on the good traders list you can play games.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I got on the good traders list by starting a contest, then started getting involved in trades and passes after that. I think that's a good way to do it too becuase you're not asking for anything in return the first go'round. It's always good to introduce yourself by spreading a little love!
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Good advice here so far...if you're looking to trade, I have no qualms about trading with new guys.............*** their just cigars (and I was new 7 months ago too!!) Send me a PM if you want to trade-up. -AJ
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I'll trade with you too hit me with a pm if you want
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    You could also start a thread looking to do a trade instead of a bomb. Something like 'hey I've got x, y and z available for a trade if anyone is interested - looking to get on the good traders list'. If someone is interested you'll send your package first and when they get it they'll send their package out. Trades are a great way to get to know people and once your on the good traders list you can play games.
    This is exactly what I was gonna say. This should work for ya

"Long ashes my friends."