Home General Discussion

Gurkha Cigar Blend Question

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
I know some makers are predominately Nicaraguan or Honduran with their blends and others really mix lots of leaves from different countries.

Does Gurkha generally stick to a certain style of blend?

I've had many of their cigars this summer.....Black Dragon(twice), Beast, Triple Ligero and Centurian and really only the Centrurian knocked my socks off.....the others were fine but nothing I would buy again....still learning what I like and don't like for future purchases so any info on Gurkha would be welcome :)

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gurkha uses small batch tobacco. this means that there area only a few blends that can ever be made for a long term. they make the blend, sell it, and when its gone, its gone. they buy tobacco that is rare or too small of a batch to use for a full scale production. they do now own their own fields. they find people that have tobacco for sale that they want and buy it.
    not sure if that helps or not.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Gurkha uses leaves from all over the world. Including areas that other companies probably would never even look to. Like kuzi16 said, they are all small- or micro- batch tobaccos. The use of very rare tobacco, in spite of it's great cost and rarity, is kind of the company's trademark. Do some research on the Gurkha Centurian. The mix of tobaccos from different countries in that cigar alone are pretty incredible.