Home General Discussion
Options

A. Fernandez signature -crazy taste note

BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
Somebody tell me if I am crazy here... But... while enjoying an A. Frenandez churchill earlier today, I picked up a slight, but obvious taste: honey mustard dressing! I know, it sounds weird, but it was very enjoyable. Only came on the exhale. More specifically through the nose exhale(I'm typically 75% or so through the nose). It wasn't a dominant flavor, but I immediately recognized it. I have smoked a lot of those cigars, but today was the first churchill sized stick I've tried in the blend. PLEASE, if you have one of these at home, smoke it and tell me I'm not crazy!

Comments

• Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Somebody had chicken fingers for lunch. I've tasted weird stuff to from time to time and never repeated it on subsequent cigars. I always wondered if someone dropped something during bunching or rolling that caused it. In your case it may have been a ham samwich.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    This sounds bad but I've learned NOT to wash my hands before I smoke a cigar. If I do then whatever scent there is from the soap will influence my taste. I lit up a MoW Armada a few weeks ago and smelled flowers! "Oh, crap!" ...used alcohol based hand sanitizer after that and it helped a lot. {:-)

JDE

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I get a floral note from those, almost honey - but not quite. Maybe that's it. These are great cigars, my favorites. I'll take 'em over most any other cigar out there.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I get a floral note from those, almost honey - but not quite. Maybe that's it. These are great cigars, my favorites. I'll take 'em over most any other cigar out there.
    I had my first one of these a couple weeks ago, definetley won't be my last. Also got the notes of floral / honey / something I can't quite express, very nice!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    BlueRings:
    Somebody had chicken fingers for lunch. I've tasted weird stuff to from time to time and never repeated it on subsequent cigars. I always wondered if someone dropped something during bunching or rolling that caused it. In your case it may have been a ham samwich.
    LMAO.. Yep.. I've occasionaly wondered if the torcedor was wearing too much perfume/cologne, using hand lotion? Hadnt heard the Ham sandwich one.... too funny.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Thats funny, never heard of someone tasting honey mustard from a cigar before. Lol , I tasted a chocolate note from a rp vintage 1990 I had couple years ago. Thought it was odd since it wasn't infused.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I've had some really weird tasting notes before such as mashed potatoes in the Padilla Habano, honey-nut cheerios in the Padilla Dominus, and malty hops from the Camacho Room 101. Not so much now anymore though.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    wwhwang:
    I've had some really weird tasting notes before such as mashed potatoes in the Padilla Habano, honey-nut cheerios in the Padilla Dominus, and malty hops from the Camacho Room 101. Not so much now anymore though.
    I had pumpernickel in an Ashton Aged Maduro No. 10 yesterday! Weird but delicious. {:-)

JDE

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    lol Ive heard of baked bread, But Pumpernickle, Man were gonna be able to make a Reuben sandwich here before long..
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    These really are surprisingly complex cigars.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    cabinetmaker:
    I def get the floral notes as well... not typically a favorite characteristic of mine, but I enjoy it in those particular cigars. Maybe it mixes well with the honey mustard I picked up. LOL!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I got a box of torpedos, maybe its time to "grill" one up soon
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Just got 10 of these in a deal that was sent out. Can't wait to give em' a shot.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    One of the first cigars I got from Tim was a pair of AJ Fernandez Lanceros with a Sumatra wrapper on them... Boy, as a lover of lanceros, I wish I had a whole box or bundle or whatever of those. In fact, does anyone know if these still exist out there somewhere? The AJ Signature Lanceros with the Sumatra wrapper. They had an amazing, sweet nutty flavor core, with some stone-fruit that was just phenomenal.