Home General Discussion

Cigar Cutters

AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
I just can't find anything I like and/or that lasts. Any suggestions?

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Xicar...the lifetime warranty is pretty awesome
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    I prefer using a punch vice a cutter, I've been using one for years and it's still working great.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I go through phases... I'll punch for a few months, then go on a 'cutting' kick, etc. My most recent cutter was a $30 Colibri, which just crapped out (it no longer springs open). The Colibri headquarters is just up the road from my office so I emailed them hoping they would hook a local guy up. Those free advertising plastic cutters seem to have alonger life than the more expensive ones (at least for me).
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Try the Cuban Crafters Revolucion. I have been using it for the past two months and it seems to work great. I get a lot of compliments on it too. It has a lifetime warranty.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    cuban crafters perfect cut is what i use and love it.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    skweekz:
    Xicar...the lifetime warranty is pretty awesome
    +1 been very happy with mine.

• DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    Xicar for sure, they last and last. And, if they ever do give up the ghost, they have a no questions guarantee.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    My Xikar works great and has for over a year now. I've heard good things about the Palio to.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Posts: 232
    Xikar for sure had some awesome products..the xi cutter that I have has worked seemlessly with a perfect cut everytime. Wide variety of cutters from v cut punch or straight...and lifetime guarente can't be that
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Adcurium:
    I go through phases... I'll punch for a few months, then go on a 'cutting' kick, etc. My most recent cutter was a $30 Colibri, which just crapped out (it no longer springs open). The Colibri headquarters is just up the road from my office so I emailed them hoping they would hook a local guy up. Those free advertising plastic cutters seem to have alonger life than the more expensive ones (at least for me).
    Sounds like the spring popped out. You can open it up and put it back in position. I had to do that with one of mine. I have my Xikar now which is far sharper so it cuts far better, and is more reliable and actually lighter.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Have you ever tried a V-cutter? Ive never found one I didnt like (Xikar, of course, makes the best one out there) and Ive never had a bit of trouble with one. Oh yeah, perfect cut every time too.

• tincup703tincup703 Posts: 58
    I've used a cuban crafters perfect cut three to four times everyday for over two years. I even have a NIB spare in case I ever lose it. Best $15 bucks I've spent in many years!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwestern:
    +1
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Sniper:
    Have you ever tried a V-cutter? Ive never found one I didnt like (Xikar, of course, makes the best one out there) and Ive never had a bit of trouble with one. Oh yeah, perfect cut every time too.

+1
  • Another +1 on the cuban crafters perfect cutter. $15 and they'll resharpen it when you send it back. Have been using mine for 2 years, still cuts good, smoke around 7 cigars a week.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Cuban Crafters Perfecto Cutter hands down, end of story, don't look back.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    wwestern:
    Just ordered mine. Tired of sending my cutter back to xikar and never getting it back.

"Long ashes my friends."

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Palio... my exclusive cutter now, love it
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I got a Xikar X2. I've been using it for about a year now and haven't had any issues. It sure beats the 3 dollar cutters I was getting at the local smoke shop. They suck and the clerk didn't seem to understand when I called them disposable. Heh.
    checking them out now. Looks like the style with the 'round' rings/handles at each end is out of stock, but they have the 'square' cersion in stock. I'll order one this morning!
    JUST ordered mine from Amazon and it was 6.99 and 4.99 shipping (11.98 total (for the math challenged...))
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i still love my Xikar. no problems, great cut, looks great.

i am a xikar ****.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Adcurium:
    JUST ordered mine from Amazon and it was 6.99 and 4.99 shipping (11.98 total (for the math challenged...))
    Just did exactly the same
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    MrGreenMachine:
    Another +1 on the cuban crafters perfect cutter. $15 and they'll resharpen it when you send it back. Have been using mine for 2 years, still cuts good, smoke around 7 cigars a week.
    ha we got ours about the same time if I recall correctly right about the time of the first SE herf give or take, mine still works great and it's survived super smoke filled weeks and whatnot
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    stephen_hannibal:
    The Sniper:

+1
    +2
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I'll stick with my colibri grip cutter.. Works great especially on the torps and belicosos that I love so much. One cool thing bout the Bugatti b1 lighter is, it has the built punch. Doesnt see too much action but nice to have on hand.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    +3 - Cuban Crafters, Been happy with the investment.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Palio and XiKar MXT Scissors are my two cutters I go back and forth between, depending on the size of the cigar. I use a WOLF V-cut for panatelas and other really small ring gauges.
    I got it yesterday in the mail (that's fast shipping, eh?). And it is awesome. Seriously... This cutter is amazing.