Home General Discussion

Waiting for the daily deal switchover.

You know those people who pounce on the new daily deals as soon as they show up? I'm one of them. Every night I wait until 12AM EST for the switch and then quickly check and pick up anything that tickles my fancy. A great way to build up a varied collection for sure. Only four minutes until they change again!

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I am def a daily deal guy. All the effin time. Gotta say, prob gonna pass tonight. Good deals, but I REALLY want a box of San Cristobal!!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    I do it too - lucky to be on the west coast ..........

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Patience is a virtue,, And based on your selection, I will add, Good things come to those who wait...
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Yep me too, but I got to say, The DPG and the RP/Gurkha deals are extremely hard to pass up.. Its like a crack addict driving by the crack house and seeing all the homies passing the pipe,,,LMAO
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:

I wait on the changeover every night...and I'm on the east coast! A few weeks ago it really paid off big time when they ran the Puro Authentico 5-pack with the Ave Maria Clermont 5-pack for $24!!! The deal sold out in under an hour!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:

I wait on the changeover every night...and I'm on the east coast! A few weeks ago it really paid off big time when they ran the Puro Authentico 5-pack with the Ave Maria Clermont 5-pack for $24!!! The deal sold out in under an hour!
    Yep! I got in on that too. Great deal. I've had one Puro Authentico so far and it was excellent. Now if they'd just offer a box deal *hint hint*. Hey, I can dream, right?
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Maybe they will read this & realize all my complaining hasn't been over nothing. Being an east coaster, and having a job I have to be at by 5:30 am Monday thru Friday, I obviously can't afford to stay up until midnight just to get the 1st dibs. And yes, EVERY time its an amazing hot deal its gone by the time I wake up. It would be nice if Ccom would udnerstand, being east coast themselves, to switch it up for awhile and move the changeover time to like, oh, 6 am east coast! See how the West coast likes not getting 1st dibs at the best smokes. Or at the very least, move the changeover to 9PM Eastern time. Thats still 6 for the west. Ok End rant, ccom never will change it anyway.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    blurr:
    Maybe they will read this & realize all my complaining hasn't been over nothing. Being an east coaster, and having a job I have to be at by 5:30 am Monday thru Friday, I obviously can't afford to stay up until midnight just to get the 1st dibs. And yes, EVERY time its an amazing hot deal its gone by the time I wake up. It would be nice if Ccom would udnerstand, being east coast themselves, to switch it up for awhile and move the changeover time to like, oh, 6 am east coast! See how the West coast likes not getting 1st dibs at the best smokes. Or at the very least, move the changeover to 9PM Eastern time. Thats still 6 for the west. Ok End rant, ccom never will change it anyway.
    Hey, I'm cool with 6AM EST. I'm a nocturnal person.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    JudoChinX:
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:

Yep! I got in on that too. Great deal. I've had one Puro Authentico so far and it was excellent. Now if they'd just offer a box deal *hint hint*. Hey, I can dream, right?
    Bastards, I missed that one haha
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:

The Puro is definitely in my top 5...and the Clermont is my new favorite vitola in the Ave Maria line. The smaller ring brings a spicy kick to the mix that I can't get enough of.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I used to watch it religiously, but I'm buying a lot less lately, so I have not really been checking it. I'm also really specific about what vitolas I want now that my collection is as large as it is.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    blurr:
    +1, being on the east coast and gainfully employed kills any opportunity for the best deals and it still falls on deaf ears.