Home Ratings & Reviews

Cain Daytona

OK, this is not a review but a rating...

My rating on the Daytona is....Dog Doo Doo!!!!!!!
Br> Absolutely the worst stick that I have smoke to date. It was so bad the 1st time, that i waiting another month to try it again to see if the 1st was just bad. Nope, both sticks sucked so bad that I only got through the 1st stick half way and the second stick the 1st third.

I wrote once that the Ava Maria tasted like baseball diamond infield dirt and hated it. Well, The Daytona has the Ava Maria beat, hands down. The outer wrapper on the Daytona is equivalent to a 220 grain sandpaper and dry as a bone (no oils in the wrapper at all). The taste of the stick, hell I can't describe it...I'll go with back alley dirt from a bad evil place with rat droppings. No, I’ve never had that before to compare the taste. :0

I have three of these sticks left and wouldn't dare pass them out to another bork in a bomb/trade.

Anyway, this is just my thoughts or rant on this stick.

Comments

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate hearing about any BOTL having a bad experience with any cigar, but it's nice seeing someone else that agrees that the Daytona is crap. It made my one and only entry into the "Sticks that Taste Like Goat's A$$". I have one more to try in a few months, but I'm certainly not looking forward to it.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had one of the Robustos I got from the cotm a few months ago. While it wasn't anything impressive, it wasn't that bad either. Could have been made better though. Which Ave Maria sizes have you tried and hated?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    He11, dont save me from myself brother! PM me and I'll be happy to take em off your hands.

• JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    The Sniper:
    He11, dont save me from myself brother! PM me and I'll be happy to take em off your hands.

Haha, that's great! You should have begged a little more though...

This reminds me of the scene from "Up." "Please, oh please, oh please be my prisoner!" (Doug as he is dragged along the ground holding on the ankle of his prey. {B-)

JDE

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The number 4 Daytona (4.3 - 5") is good. It is the only one where you CAN taste the wrapper. The larger vitolas are pure ligero bombs.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    The number 4 Daytona (4.3 - 5") is good. It is the only one where you CAN taste the wrapper. The larger vitolas are pure ligero bombs.
    I agree, I think the #4 is the best of the bunch.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    My B&M carries Cain, but passed on the Daytona because he didn't care for it at all.
    JonathanE:
    The Sniper:

This reminds me of the scene from "Up." "Please, oh please, oh please be my prisoner!" (Doug as he is dragged along the ground holding on the ankle of his prey. {B-)

JDE

Second best Disney animation ever, right behind THE INCREDIBLES!

Come to think of that, how the he11 DIDNT The Incredibles ever have a sequel???

• grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Haven't tried a Daytona yet but have one in the hum ready to smoke. Sorry to hear about the bad experience.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Sniper:
    JonathanE:
    The Sniper:

JDE

WHOA MAN!!!! Everyone knows Toy Story Was, is, and always will be the best Disney animation ever.

• MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Russ55:
    I had one of the Robustos I got from the cotm a few months ago. While it wasn't anything impressive, it wasn't that bad either. Could have been made better though. Which Ave Maria sizes have you tried and hated?
    It was the Robusto....

The Daytona was the Corona...

The Sniper:

PM sent, you can have them.
    stephen_hannibal:
    The Sniper:
    JonathanE:
    The Sniper:

JDE

WHOA MAN!!!! Everyone knows Toy Story Was, is, and always will be the best Disney animation ever.

Well, ya got the WAS part right - until they came out with The Incredibles! LOL

And replied sir. Sorry for toon-jacking your thread BTW! :-D

• Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Just goes to show, different strokes... I've only had the Daytona in the #4, and thought it was pretty good. On the other hand I thought the Cain F was pure goats a$$! I may try it again in a different vitola, but not expecting much. The Ave Maria however is fantastic IMO.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    stephen_hannibal:
    The Sniper:
    JonathanE:
    The Sniper:

JDE

Well, ya got the WAS part right - until they came out with The Incredibles! LOL

I always thought monsters inc was pretty good
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I'm with you on this one. I don't remember which vitola I tried but it was one of the worst cigars I've ever tried to smoke...had to put it down less than half way in.
  • I agree. I was looking forward to this one, and was really down when I didn't like it. I got about 1/2 through the first, got another aging for a bit. I didn't like the Ave Maria I had either. The Cuba Libre (not the One, which I like) and Nica Libre Potencia also make my list of "Don't Do That Again" cigars.
    Yes to all of the above with exactly the same experiences..
    Tow go arounds on the Daytona, Crap! I almost bought a box when they first came out with all the hype, glad I didn't. Tha Ave Maria, tastes like baseball infield dirt after the guy slides into second cleet first and shreds you knee.

I recommend making it all better with the La Flor Dominica Air Bender.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    So much to looking forward to smoking one of these. I had high hopes for this cigar. Now I'm not so sure about it. Way to ruin my day. LOL.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Personally I have only tried the petite corona size (5x43 or whatever it is), and so far it is the only Cain cigar I like, other than the F Lancero, which to me tastes totally different then the regular F. I am really looking forward to the Daytona Lancero. The Daytona blend (to me) has a great nutty character, with a touch of campfire/charred wood that works well for a nice hour long smoke to wind down at night. The Daytona is also considerably milder than the regular Cain lines, which I like, since the Maduro and Habano have basically ZERO balance whatsoever.