Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Avion 11 IPCPR 2011

Avion 11

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Preflight:
Very lite in weight, this is a large box pressed Salamon but it is like holding a pencil since it is so lite but the cigar is massive. A very small straight cut makes for an airy inhale with sweet tobacco flavor and not much else that I can discern. Interesting enough and I dont know why the wrapper smells like baby powder. Hope it was a fluke and just some rub off from the torcedors hands.

First third:

Light and airy draw some pepper noted not strong or a powerhouse of a cigar.  A floral tobacco flavor noted. The smoke has little body or mouth feel leaving me dry. Some notes of cedar, pepper, and coco but very faint. A leather starts to develop with the cedar and floral flavors which play nicely. I smell the tip of the draw end and the scent is intoxicating as it blends with the baby powder smell, strange but very good.

Second third:

Now she opens up and the flavors start to shine. Still airy and somewhat dry but I cant stop sniffing this thing. I take a draw and smell the tip as I exhale and inhale. Flavors continue with pepper then out the nose with leather, floral, and cedar. The finish comes in with a dry coco and lengthens as I continue to smoke. A bit of twang on the sides of the tongue through the finish.

Last third:

I can't stop sniffing this cigar it's like airplane glue. The coco taste like ovaltine almost malted milk balls. It's like Pete put pixie dust in this cigar. The complexity beats anything he had manufactured to date. I hate to use that reference but this surpasses it in my opinion. The flavor changed so often I lost count and my head is spinning.

Final thoughts:

I can't say enough of this cigar. I want everyone to try it. I don't know how something like this gets created. I am overjoyed to experience it. Dare I say this knocks off one of my top 5 cigars of all time. Don't forget to sniff the glue... I mean tip as you smoke it and you will see what I mean.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Just purchased what I could find. I don't know if it's the last of it but I couldnt let these things go.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    This will be a regular production cigar. I think I read that different sizes will come out each year. Looking forward to trying these especially. Same blend as Fausto, in a special perfecto vitola. Thanks for the pics and your thoughts.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    On my try list as well. I think I will do some type of sampler pack of the black label, fausto, avion and la crillo all together.

Thanks for the reviews, you are costing me money.....lol
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    After that revew, whose list is this NOT on? Lol, I want one!

JDE

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to both your reviews, I just picked up a 5er of the Avion and Fausto Robustos.