Home General Discussion
Options

Low humidity

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I noticed my sticks were a bit dry when I went to smoke em, didn't think much about it since I have to smoke outside and the humidity is so high that after a few minutes they are fine. But after salt testing the new digital hygrometer fir a day and a half it tested 74% of humidity. When I put it in the humi it started to drop immediately. Finally pegged out at 58%, come to find out my wife had forgotten to put humi pals in when she put my new sticks in. I put pals in and a shot glass of distiller water in there before I left on our trip. Be home tomorrow night. Hopefully the humidity will return and I won't end up having to reseason my humi. I've got a bead puck on the way should be her in a couple days.

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang spell check.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I don't think you have to reseason. The humidity is low but it isn't dead. 58 is low but not rock bottom and you should be able to recover that with no problem. Stick that glass of water in there any way and it will rise for ya.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, depending on how many sticks you have don't worry about them at 58*...

And what i mean depending on how many sticks you have if you have any thick-oily Phuckers I'd smoke them first, they would benefit from some lower humidity... If you don't have any you want to smoke right away, give them a few weeks and they will be right as rain