Home General Discussion
Options

What is your brand "introspective"

Thinking about it yesterday, I've been smoking cigars for twenty years and what I consider my brand changes like the days of the week. I have cigars that I love then for no reason no longer love. This is so different from cigarette smoking as the user sticks with a brand and sometimes for a lifetime. Can you say there is a cigar you smoke today that you are still smoking 5/10/15 yrs later. Or a cigar you have been smoking everytime for the last 2/5/10 yrs?

My brand that I still smoke twenty years later are Fuente Opux X. I have been smoking these since 1993.

Comments

• Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    fuente don carlos line- #2 and dbl robusto. many years and these are still my favorites
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Can't say I've been smoking long enough to have a brand. And at the moment I really don't. My humi is a complete melting pot of different brands, countries, and vitolas.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    t_evan50:
    Can't say I've been smoking long enough to have a brand. And at the moment I really don't. My humi is a complete melting pot of different brands, countries, and vitolas.
    Me too. Still trying to figure out exactly what I look for in a cigar, but more and more lately, I've been really really enjoying Padilla.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one cigar that I truly loved was discontinued and I have yet to find another that I enjoy as much. Still looking.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    El Cobre.
    OpusX
    Camacho
    5 Vegas series A
    i like those cigars/brands as much as i did when i first tried them in 05.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    So far I am going with Oliva. If I COULD smoke the V and V maddy all day I would. If I had to say an everyday stick it would be Diesel.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    +1...although after about 2 and a half years, I've only had one Alec Bradley I didn't care for and have yet to try a Carlos Torano that wasn't right up my alley.

jlmarta:
    The one cigar that I truly loved was discontinued and I have yet to find another that I enjoy as much. Still looking.

And a big +1 on this.......if they were readily available and I could afford to do so, I would smoke an Alec Bradley Pryme every day and probably sneak in a Vigilante maduro more days than not as well.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Right now I have been enjoying several different cigars, MoW ruination, alec bradley, nub (maduro and habano), don lucas black and tat havana iv. As for staying power, if I had the scratch to pay for one every day it would be an alec bradley prensado, rocky patel decade and/or an opus x. Wife just brought me home an opus x this weekend and all i can say is WOW! That was a really nice cigar.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The cigar that is perfect every-time for me is the Gurkha Centurian.
    And though I'm still expanding my palate I have found I love a nice medium bodied sumatra.

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Day in and day out no but here is a kist of brands that have really lasted on my favorites list for many years and have yet to fall off. I will say that I have no doubt thatMOW puro authentico and san lotano habano will be on my list a few years from now but they are still new.

Davidoff Millenium
    camacho Diploma
    MOW Ruination
    Oliva Serie V

I have lots of other regular favorites but these have been main stays for several years.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    While I am constantly trying new cigars, and re-visiting ones I have enjoyed recentlly, some that have remained in my humidor for the past seventeen years are.. Avo, The Griffins, Camacho of all variety, and Montesino by Fuentes.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Sungrown. Always at least have a partial box, and smoke them more often than almost anything else. PLPC and Partagas Shorts are up there as well.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Sungrown. Always at least have a partial box, and smoke them more often than almost anything else. PLPC and Partagas Shorts are up there as well.
    You ever have a problem with the partagas shorts having super tight draw? I've tried dry boxing which didn't help so I'm pretty sure it's a construction issue. Just curious how common this is to decide if I want to try another box or not.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwestern:
    docbp87:
    You ever have a problem with the partagas shorts having super tight draw? I've tried dry boxing which didn't help so I'm pretty sure it's a construction issue. Just curious how common this is to decide if I want to try another box or not.
    Never had an issue with one. Smoked a whole 25ct dress over the last 6 months or so, and am eyeing a cab.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    wwestern:
    docbp87:
    Never had an issue with one. Smoked a whole 25ct dress over the last 6 months or so, and am eyeing a cab.
    I got a 25 ct and have tried about 4 of them with them all being tight draws. I'll have to try another I guess.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    wwestern:
    docbp87:
    wwestern:
    docbp87:
    I got a 25 ct and have tried about 4 of them with them all being tight draws. I'll have to try another I guess.
    FWIW, I've had one and it smoked dead perfect. And boy was it a tasty treat...I could easily massacre a box in a few weeks.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Nine months in and I can only say this. I've had a lot of Camacho cigars and none of them have failed me. The Camacho Diploma will probably be on top. Also, Zino Embassy Selection 2010. I have two boxes right now and looking to get another. The Zino classic taste great also. But I would probably say Camacho for me right now.
  • Options
    When I no longer enjoy a Padron Anniversary, that's when I'll pack it in and call it a day. Not sure that day will ever arrive though.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    camacho Diploma
    mmmm diploma... especially in the maduro.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Alex Svenson:
    camacho Diploma

Kuzi, I've given more than 10 of these out to people and know one comments on them. Only Lakota72 has said anything. So, I stopped given them out. I thought I was the only one until I saw what Alex posted. I've said this since day one. Camacho all around for me. At least for now...

• Options
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:
    Alex Svenson:
    camacho Diploma

Kuzi, I've given more than 10 of these out to people and know one comments on them. Only Lakota72 has said anything. So, I stopped given them out. I thought I was the only one until I saw what Alex posted. I've said this since day one. Camacho all around for me. At least for now...

you are more than welcome to send me all the diploma maduros you want. i will love them.

... and by "love" i mean "smoke"
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Brands that never fail? thats a tough one. . . . . Over the years my tastes have changed a few times, like most, while some favorite lines have fallen off over the years, but i'm going on several years of really enjoying almost everything by Don Pepin Garcia and Padron.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:
    Alex Svenson:
    camacho Diploma

I was one of the lucky one that you speak of.. Been letting them sit for awhile, Haven't had the chance to give it the time they deserve..