Home General Discussion
Options

Too Damn Hot!

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
It has been 95+ degrees for the past couple of days down here in GA, and with the heat index it has been 100+. I tried smoking a cigar down in my garage on sunday, and was basically sweating to death...not a very pleasant experience. Wed it is supposed to over 100 degrees, not sure what it will be if u factor in the heat index (humidity). All I know is my cigar smoking is put on hold till it cools off a little...anyone else feeling the heat?

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    By the sound of it I'm glad I have been out of the States for this summer. Every few months a new typhoon seems to roll around here that has been keeping it pretty cool.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    When the humidity is high I don't smoke it ruins the cigars...Inside smokes wrapper stays intact... back to smoking in basement like this winter.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I got bold and smoked one in the dinning room the other night....
    I had some yard work to do and like a dumbass I did it.
    I got sunburn at 7:30pm

• Options
    I feel ya Krieg...Its supposed to be 112 without the heat index here today in Oklahoma! Thats why im out on the back porch enjoying a cigar bright and early!
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    You should go nocturnal like myself. It's fantastic in the summer. On the other hand, it's really terrible in the winter. Better yet, have a winter home and a summer home. :) When I'm rich (in like 100 years), I'll do the same.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    It was so hot at the grocery store yesterday there was a man going up to people in the parking lot and begging for himself to be shot---------(ba da bing)
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya, it takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it when you are wringing wet with sweat.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, even out here in the land of milk and honey it gets too hot to enjoy a stick properly. I've gone to morning smokes in order to enjoy the day and the smoke. By noon it's already becoming uncomfortable.

• Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Yesterday morning I ran 7 miles cooled off then recovered with a nice cigar. By the time I came inside it was starting to get hot. I'm futher south than Kreig but its still going to hit 99 W'day. Late nights and early morning smokes for me, or smoke in the truck while driving.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Yea the heat effects my smoking even more than cold. I come home after working in the heat all day and going back out to have a smoke just isnt too appealing. Lately its been getting cooler at night (75-80) so by 10pm or so I can get out on the porch and enjoy one. One of these days there will be a smoking "lounge" attached to my out-building, complete with recliners and big screen.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Saturday....moron that I am, on the roof doing work from about 1130am-3pm......Heat index on wunderground 117.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Saturday....moron that I am, on the roof doing work from about 1130am-3pm......Heat index on wunderground 117.
    i always thought you were crazy; now i know for sure.
    get off the roof. get an iced tea and a nice light cigar and find some shade!

seriously, dont hurt yourself.
  • Options
    I tried smoking by pool under my deck umbrella around 9pm last night, and it was still hot, so I said *** it, and jumped into the pool. Got out and dried off and continued with my cigar. That seemed to help!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Vulchor:
    Jesus Vulchor...I don't want to imagine how hot it is up there

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yeah, I went out around 11pm last night to have a cigar. It was still in the low 80's, but compared to the 102 it was earlier in the day it was downright enjoyable. Supposed to be stupidly hot again. It's been humid too here, with thunderstorms as well. Very odd weather. Usually it's just super hot, but dry.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    The overnight LOW today is 90 °F and the humidity will be in the 80% range. It has been cooler though. The high was only 115 °F! Props to Vulchor for working on the roof in the 120s!

Faced with the comfort of the indoors or no cigars for the next few months...

The sweat is worth it.

JDE

• Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I hear you on it being too hot! I went out to smoke at 7:00pm and it was still hot enough to fry and egg. I went back out at 9 and it was still pretty bad, but I decided to go ahead and smoke. I had numerous fans on and directed at me and it only helped a little bit. The humidity here in Mo is what is really killing it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    90 plus for too many days in a row. The heat really puts a damper on my desire for a cigar.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    90 plus for too many days in a row. The heat really puts a damper on my desire for a cigar.
    The heat doesn't dampen my DESIRE... I want a cigar REALLY F'NG BAD... But I don't want ball soup
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    The heat doesn't dampen my DESIRE... I want a cigar REALLY F'NG BAD... But I don't want ball soup
    Well, the heat and humidity makes it hard to breath much less smoke. The heat makes me fricken dizzy so anything to full bodied makes it way worse. I use to love this weather but lately, not so much.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm dumb... Really Really dumb...

I just tried to go outside with a RyJ Habana Reserve... I got two ashes into it, but the thing wouldn't stay lit and had to purge each time to get it to stay lit...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go wring out my shirt...
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I actually had to shift most of my smoking to the early morning hours just after daybreak. A good way to start your day. A fine cigar and A strong cup of coffee just seems right.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    113°F here today has been over 100 for like 18-20 days straight I think the news said.
  • Options
    The heat is ridiculous, gonna be over 100 today, and in the last two days I've heard about 2 high school football players dying, one here in GA and the other down in FL. WTF are these coaches thinking?? If it's too damn hot to sit on your ass and smoke a cigar, it's def too damn hot to push your players or let them over exert themselves. I know if my son was playing football right now, I'd tell him to skip practice this week and come home. If the coach gets pissed, then *** him.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Amen brother.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    The heat is ridiculous, gonna be over 100 today, and in the last two days I've heard about 2 high school football players dying, one here in GA and the other down in FL. WTF are these coaches thinking?? If it's too damn hot to sit on your ass and smoke a cigar, it's def too damn hot to push your players or let them over exert themselves. I know if my son was playing football right now, I'd tell him to skip practice this week and come home. If the coach gets pissed, then *** him.

I know how you feel. It seems to happen every year. A kid or two end up dying during or right after practice. Maybe have practice early in the morning or at dusk. If it is still too hot than cancel. They are just kids and not pros.
    As for smoking, too damn hot out for it. In the last three weeks (here in Illinois) I've onlly been able to light up twice. I have to work in teh heat all day and I don't want to sit outside for 45 minutes to 2 hours extra. My cigar smoking is supposed to make me relax and I can't relax in 100+ degree heat.
    Rob
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    Krieg:

I know how you feel. It seems to happen every year. A kid or two end up dying during or right after practice. Maybe have practice early in the morning or at dusk. If it is still too hot than cancel. They are just kids and not pros.
    As for smoking, too damn hot out for it. In the last three weeks (here in Illinois) I've onlly been able to light up twice. I have to work in teh heat all day and I don't want to sit outside for 45 minutes to 2 hours extra. My cigar smoking is supposed to make me relax and I can't relax in 100+ degree heat.
    Rob
    If I could invent a way to smoke underwater, I'd be rich!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Meh I am happy it is only going to be 86 today that means the warehouse will only be in the 90's today.