Home General Discussion

Terrible Way to Start the New Year, but a Stoggie Helps

All this has hapened since the 1st....my wifes gets a serious sinus infection, my truck breaks down, my dog rupturs a disk in his neck, my "Florida" Dad has a stroke, my nephew lands in the hopital after a car accident, my work machine gets a trojan virus, and my mom-in-law gets a clot in her leg artery.

:(

I come homee after finding out surgery for my dog will be @ $3500 if his neck doesn't improv in 3 weeks, and light a 5 Vegas Gran Reserva. Mmmm, the stress fades a bit and I thank God for these precxious gifts. Soooo good. Now only if I could get some slleep.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Damn Zimms. Are your Dad and mother-in-law going to be ok?

Thats a rough year for anybody much less a rough two weeks. Enjoy the smoke!
  • Thanks. The smoke is a delightful peiace of heaven. Dad is at home and in roug shape and needs constant attention, but should recover ok. mom-in-law has surgry tomorrow night.

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    We'll keep them both in our thoughts.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

Thoughts are with ya man-damn thats a tough stretch

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    This is me sending relaxing vibes your way, zimm.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Dude, *** usually just comes in three, you got enough bad juju to last you the next 5 years. Take care brother, my thoughts are with you.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I feel you bro...my Dad now lives with me after his 3rd stroke. And he has dementia so he is like child. Prayers are with you.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jason, I am really sorry to hear about all that you are going through.. I hope that every thing gets better soon. My thoughts are with you and your family.. That's far more than anyone should have to deal with in a lifetime much less a week..
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    urbino:
    This is me sending relaxing vibes your way, zimm.

Urbi made me smile - Hope it worked for you too Zimm!

I treat cancer patients - and some of the misfortune that befalls families is just unbelievable. Wish you and yours the best my friend!
  • Thanks for the warm thoughts, everyone. I just woke from a nap and man, its amazing what sleep can do for you. :)
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    jlzimmerman:
    Thanks for the warm thoughts, everyone. I just woke from a nap and man, its amazing what sleep can do for you. :)
    'Tis.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Man, your travails sound like a bad country song. Remember, this too shall pass. It's good you can appreciate some peace and tranquility with a nice smoke and a nap in the meantime.