Home General Discussion
Options

maduros & my palate

so i had my first maduro in awhile and i enjoyed the heck out of it. this morning i looked into my humi and got my cao gold maduro and i smoked it to the very nub. i know most of you guys here are into the heavy stuff but am still a noob and trying new stuff,looking to try new maduros now lol. the cigar was outstanding and the after taste well i wont tell you because you need to try it even if your into the heavy stuff its very nice. i do need some help on what maduros to buy now thats going to be my next purchase MADUROS lol. After reading kuzi's thread on how to develope your palate am getting close to finnaly enjoy the heavy stuff i started out with the mild and quickly went to the medium. I've been try some of the medium to full and i will say that the full bodied cigars dont taste like when i first tried them. thanks kuzi for that thread and all who told me to read it!

Comments

• Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Have you tried the red label or if you want a maduro that doesn't set you back in your seat (since you are just starting) try the Romeo y julieta reserva maduro. Other choices may include the nub maduro ( if you like big ring gauges). Or you could try the maduro sampler from ccom for some additional variety.
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    I'm actually not too much into maduros like some of the other folks here. Not that they're not great, just not my preference. However, I just smoked an A. Turrent Triple Play today and enjoyed it. It's a triple maduro, so if you like maduros, I would think you'd like this one as well. I also just recently tried a Oliva Master Blend III, which I also enjoyed. If you haven't smoked any of these yet, I'd say give them a try.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    pbchevo:
    so i had my first maduro in awhile and i enjoyed the heck out of it. this morning i looked into my humi and got my cao gold maduro and i smoked it to the very nub. i know most of you guys here are into the heavy stuff but am still a noob and trying new stuff,looking to try new maduros now lol. the cigar was outstanding and the after taste well i wont tell you because you need to try it even if your into the heavy stuff its very nice. i do need some help on what maduros to buy now thats going to be my next purchase MADUROS lol. After reading kuzi's thread on how to develope your palate am getting close to finnaly enjoy the heavy stuff i started out with the mild and quickly went to the medium. I've been try some of the medium to full and i will say that the full bodied cigars dont taste like when i first tried them. thanks kuzi for that thread and all who told me to read it!
    Agreed. Definitely a great thread from kuzi.

I think the Nub maduro is quite nice, as is the 5 Vegas Gold maduro. Both solid choices.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Honestly if you want to explore Maduros more shoot Tim, Kelly, Andy, any of the CCOM Reps and tell them what you had and liked and that you are looking to try more Maduros and they'll build an awesome sampler for you. I've had Tim do this many times and never once have I been disappointed.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    When you are ready for a full strength maduro, the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel Maduro is a classic for a reason. And if you want a maduro for a special occasion, try to get your hands on some Arturo Fuente Maduros, one of the best. At a good price point, the San Lotano Maduro is KILLER, but you have to email or call to get them, since they are B&M only, no online sales. Liga Privada No. 9 has one of the best flavor profiles on the market right now IMO, and a great maduro wrapper. For a bargain, the Padron thousand series maduros are great, and come in pretty much every size possible, so whatever vitola you prefer, they probably make it. For a higher cost, the Padron 1964 Anniversary maduros, and 1926 maduros are AWESOME. They are expensive, but you really do get what you pay for. So much complexity of flavor, all perfectly balanced, and flawlessly blended. The 1926's can be on the stronger side, but the 1964 is a solid medium, maybe a low medium full. The Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva (PCR) is another of my favorite maduros out there right now. They are small (4x40), but make for an awesome smoke when it is either too hot or too cold outside for a larger smoke. The connecticut broadleaf wrapper they use is delicious!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Man O' War Armada, Avo No. 9 Maduro, Padron 4000 Maduro, Camacho Triple Maduro, Joyo de Nicaragua, Antano Dark Corojo, La Gloria Cubana Serie N, Diesel Unlimited - all good sticks

The past few months, I really started loving maduros after teh MOW Armada turned me onto them; lately though, I've rediscovered mild connecticuts and have come to love them again - you'll find your palate goes back and forth, and what you shun today may wind up being your favorite tomorrow. It's weird - after smoking maduro's for months on end, I can't get enough of Connies now. I'm sure I'll go back to maduro's in a bit, but for now, I'm just enjoying some old favorites

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    awe... thanks guys. im glad i could help.

i would like to second the LFD DL maduro. love that stick.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    ENFIDL:
    Honestly if you want to explore Maduros more shoot Tim, Kelly, Andy, any of the CCOM Reps and tell them what you had and liked and that you are looking to try more Maduros and they'll build an awesome sampler for you. I've had Tim do this many times and never once have I been disappointed.
    thats what i had in mind first but i just wanted to hear some choices before i call CCOM.. but yea thanks to all the post looks like i just need to buy myself a cabinet lol