Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Cockroach???

I'm sitting here going through some overdo emails and checking out the threads on the forums while eating a bowl of oatmeal when this huge bug that looks like a cockroach on steroids walk across the desk right in front of me. I watch him nonchalantly skitter to the other side; look at my oatmeal, look at him, look at my oatmeal, stir it around a bit to see if I notice any spindly legs bigger than they should be, shrug my shoulders and continue eating making sure I don't look to closely at the oatmeal again.

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    bip:
    I'm sitting here going through some overdo emails and checking out the threads on the forums while eating a bowl of oatmeal when this huge bug that looks like a cockroach on steroids walk across the desk right in front of me. I watch him nonchalantly skitter to the other side; look at my oatmeal, look at him, look at my oatmeal, stir it around a bit to see if I notice any spindly legs bigger than they should be, shrug my shoulders and continue eating making sure I don't look to closely at the oatmeal again.
    HOLY *** EWWW!!! OATMEAL!?!?!?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bip:
    Hey Bip how are you? So what else you up to besides chowin down and keepin the creepycrawlys away from your grub. Thats why I prefer pop tarts..lol
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Thats pretty funny. I've got one in the bathroom and the sucker is huge. I grabbed a fly swat and went to wack him and he took it away from me and beat the crap out of me with it; he got lucky is all I can say. I have to fight him for the shower in the morning and I win most of the time. I'm pretty sure he knows who the boss is.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Here's a "EWWWW" story

Customer brought in Computer, Tech opens it up, Roaches galore (100-200) Spill out... Whole retail store is infected, Tech plastic wraps computer, refuses to fix it, Customer THEN is pissed we won't touch PC.... Roaches everywhere for the next 3 months with bi-weekly ORKIN visits... Gross

Side Note... NEVER step on a Roach... They carry EGGS on their back, and if you squish them, they get on your shoes, so if you squish Roach in your hotel, you could bring them back in your house with your shoes....
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Side Note... NEVER step on a Roach... They carry EGGS on their back, and if you squish them, they get on your shoes, so if you squish Roach in your hotel, you could bring them back in your house with your shoes....
    Oh damn that's horrible...I mean genius...but horrible.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    Lasabar:
    Here's a "EWWWW" story

Customer brought in Computer, Tech opens it up, Roaches galore (100-200) Spill out... Whole retail store is infected, Tech plastic wraps computer, refuses to fix it, Customer THEN is pissed we won't touch PC.... Roaches everywhere for the next 3 months with bi-weekly ORKIN visits... Gross

I wonder if that's why *** roaches are known to survive anything.
    Did the customer relies that his computer had become a roach motel?
  • Options
    mfotis:
    Thats pretty funny. I've got one in the bathroom and the sucker is huge. I grabbed a fly swat and went to wack him and he took it away from me and beat the crap out of me with it; he got lucky is all I can say. I have to fight him for the shower in the morning and I win most of the time. I'm pretty sure he knows who the boss is.
    You have to watch out for those little bastards. They're dirty fighters. Best bet is to sneak up on them and put them in a headlock until their eyeballs bug out and their heads pop off
  • Options
    The Kid:
    bip:
    Hey Bip how are you? So what else you up to besides chowin down and keepin the creepycrawlys away from your grub. Thats why I prefer pop tarts..lol
    The last time I had a pop tart I watched it get carried away. Staying busy enjoying the clear blue skies and warm weather.
  • Options
    bip:
    The Kid:
    bip:
    The last time I had a pop tart I watched it get carried away. Staying busy enjoying the clear blue skies and warm weather.
    Working on your tan huh? I can somewhat imagine, when I was stationed at Keesler (many moons ago) I remember waking up one morning and seeing a big ass roach sitting on my chest just looking at me. Yea I named him, made him a little collar, and we were buds we go walking everywhere..NOT We used to buy those roach motels but they filled up so fast that a roach could just walk through one (of course it was walking ontop of all his/her kin) Oh it was bad, but like anything else we adapt endure and get through it..AS YOU KNOW. Take care, be smart and stay safe.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    This could be worse you could have a bedbug infestation; I guess that is one plus for the extreme heat.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohn:
    This could be worse you could have a bedbug infestation; I guess that is one plus for the extreme heat.
    +10
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks who live in Florida won't like this but these stories are true. When my wife and I moved to Florida in the late 50's we couldn't believe the size of the cockroaches we saw. I mentioned it to our landlord and he told us they didn't have cockroaches in Florida and that what we were seeing were 'palmetto bugs'. Palmetto bugs, my ass. I know a roach when I see one, and these were f'ing huge!

Another time, we were in the landlord's car going somewhere and I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a bug walking around on his shoulder - and it was big! I reached over and swatted it without mashing it up but killing it. I don't know what it was, but it looked exactly like a housefly except that it was about 2 inches long!

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Folks who live in Florida won't like this but these stories are true. When my wife and I moved to Florida in the late 50's we couldn't believe the size of the cockroaches we saw. I mentioned it to our landlord and he told us they didn't have cockroaches in Florida and that what we were seeing were 'palmetto bugs'. Palmetto bugs, my ass. I know a roach when I see one, and these were f'ing huge!

Another time, we were in the landlord's car going somewhere and I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a bug walking around on his shoulder - and it was big! I reached over and swatted it without mashing it up but killing it. I don't know what it was, but it looked exactly like a housefly except that it was about 2 inches long!

You had a smaller roach J, growing up in FL, I saw a ton of roaches, the biggest being about 6 inches when I was living in Palmghetto, that sob just walked around like he owned the place
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    You had a smaller roach J, growing up in FL, I saw a ton of roaches, the biggest being about 6 inches when I was living in Palmghetto, that sob just walked around like he owned the place

You mean the one that looked like a housefly? Sure didn't look like a roach to me.

• Options
    The roaches have a saying.....Go big or go home
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lived in an apt. years ago and looked like a international airport with 747 cockaroches flying around,lol ,, you know its bad when your cooking and the cockaroaches are eating before you are,,, lmao
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    All I have to say is that air soft guns are AWESOME!

Can't say I've ever used one on a roach that big though! In Texas everything is bigger except the roaches I guess, lol...

JDE

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    JonathanE:
    All I have to say is that air soft guns are AWESOME!

Can't say I've ever used one on a roach that big though! In Texas everything is bigger except the roaches I guess, lol...

JDE

.45 hollow points have been known to work :)

Living in FL, have only seen a few roaches (knock on wood, right?), but they disappear before I'm able to kill them - like one minute they're just sitting in the middle of my room, I leave for 2 sec to get a newspaper, and they're gone, never to be seen again. Seems they know my apt better than I do
  • Options
    i like my perdomo thundra but have yet to use it yet, although where i live now i havent seen a roach in months but i have used it on some asp around here, anyone familar with asp? got stung 25 years ago and never forget it so when i see one they get burned to a crisp !,lol
  • Options
    What's an asp besides a snake?
  • Options
    bip:
    maybe just in certain areas? but the hang on trees plants, garbage cans etc,,
  • Options
    bip:
    maybe just in certain areas? but they hang on trees,plants, garbage cans etc,, i just toasted one a couple weeks ago, you really wouldnt know what is is unless you seen them before, i find about a dozen a year around my house.
  • Options
  • Options
    jj20030:
    Where is its head? hadnt ever seen one of those before, wierd
  • Options
    The Kid:
    jj20030:

The "Puss Moth"? I've heard it called a lot of things but never a moth. Oh, I see. We're talking about a bug. Sorry, my bad.

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The head is somewhere hidden in the puss moth...
  • Options
    Marker:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    I wonder what Freud would have to say about that one.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    bip:
    Marker:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    I wonder what Freud would have to say about that one.
    He would say it was a formulation of my subconscious with strong references to make and female genetalia. I would object. That was completely conscious.