Home Ratings & Reviews

Arganese Maduro Toro

This 6

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I smoked a couple of these a few years ago when I bought some "Cigar of the Year" type packages. This was in contention as one of the best new releases.. I don't know what happened since then, but I thought it was a decent stick that I never got around to re-visiting. Thanks for updating on this one.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I've had several of these and found them very enjoyable. If yours was bitter tasting you might need to let them rest A while. This should mellow it somewhat.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    I've had several of these and found them very enjoyable. If yours was bitter tasting you might need to let them rest A while. This should mellow it somewhat.
    And whats the deal with these being a buck a stick cigar. I think that when I first saw them they were more like 7-8 bucks. I wouldn't buy any cigar at a dollar because a price that low says " Crap" in my opinion.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I let all my submissions rest at least several weeks. If they need more than that they should not have been sold, so it's a manufacturer's issue and a valid concerns so far as the review goes. Someone picking one up in a shop is there to smoke it, not stash it away. The brand has had several blends and the more expensive ones I believe are different and no longer made.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reviews, Just letting you know my thoughts. I smoked a arganese maduro that I picked up in a sampler. I probably let it rest 3-5 days if that. I was suprised by this cigar as I wasnt expecting much from it but I thought it was a fairly good cigar, actually it prompted me to pick up a couple arganese connies. I felt the maduro burned well, with a good draw, ample smoke and a pretty decent flavor, while it wasnt anything dynamic or exciting I wouldn't have any hesitation in trying another. I only have smoked the one. Perhaps the blend or production is inconsistent. IDK I'd have to try more.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gene Arganese makes several very good premium cigars in addition to their standard lined. If you get the chance to pick up a couple Arganese FDW (First Draw Wrapper), you won't be disappointed. They come in Milan Marble, Santiago Sweet, and Ruby Red...all are great cigars!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    If A cigar is A good smoke and A good deal I see no reason not to try them. I smoke one off the truck and let the rest sit for A while to see how the flavors merge and mellow. The FDW Ruby Red is A cigar everyone should try.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    uH oH-----Im calling you out here too lol. Had a box of these about a year or so ago...thought they were mild and fairly one dimensional---but for the price they would shoot way up in quality conidering. I likeld them enough to buy a box of the Arganese ML-3 which I thought was a damn decent stick, and great when again the price was considered. This is what I love about the hobby btw....same stick, likely a similar batch....but 2 different people and 2 toally different tastes. It either makes cigar smoking great or maddening...either way its a good time.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    This was my first box purchase... I don't know what happened to the brand but a few short years ago it was considered a premium cigar.

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kaelaria:
    I let all my submissions rest at least several weeks. If they need more than that they should not have been sold, so it's a manufacturer's issue and a valid concerns so far as the review goes. Someone picking one up in a shop is there to smoke it, not stash it away. The brand has had several blends and the more expensive ones I believe are different and no longer made.
    I do agree with this!! Sometimes I think there is a little too much emphasis on aging cigars.. I love to do it, but I dont have any qualms about smoking them either. I also will agree with the arganese maduro becoming a little hot and bitter, but for me it wasnt until the "bitter end" and I was pretty much finished with it anyway, cant smoke em all down to nothing. Although I do make note when I have to breakout my toothpick,lol
    Vulchor:
    uH oH-----Im calling you out here too lol. Had a box of these about a year or so ago...thought they were mild and fairly one dimensional---but for the price they would shoot way up in quality conidering. I likeld them enough to buy a box of the Arganese ML-3 which I thought was a damn decent stick, and great when again the price was considered. This is what I love about the hobby btw....same stick, likely a similar batch....but 2 different people and 2 toally different tastes. It either makes cigar smoking great or maddening...either way its a good time.

If all cigars tasted the same to everyone we wouldn't need reviews in the first place. I now am looking forward to smoking A ML-3 on your recommendation.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Had a handful of Arganese cigars... never a good one.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Same way I feel about Padilla.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Had a few of the naturals but not the maddies. I didn't like the taste profile on these and find them too mild.