Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Learn to love FedEx and UPS boys... <BR><BR>

And so it begins... can the government bail out the government like it did the banks and the auto makers?

http://news.yahoo.com/usps-posts-3-1-billion-loss-q3-warns-145707721.html

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    This sucks. One of the cornerstones of our country is likely going under. It's very sad
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Agreed. The government needs to keep up with the world of technology.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    This sucks. One of the cornerstones of our country is likely going under. It's very sad
    Makes me wonder if this is just the first, and when will it end?

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    Makes me wonder if this is just the first, and when will it end?

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I don't see it ending. A lot of pillars of what built this country and falling to the way side. It sucks
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I was at the post office today and the woman in front of me was looking to mail and 8X11 envelope Express which was 7 days delivery $43 and priority 3 days for $114...INSANE....I mailed a package a while back to a place 3 hours from where I live and it cost more to mail then to send the same size package all the way to California....MADNESS...no wonder postal services are going way of the Do Do Bird...
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I wonder what ever happened to them dropping to a 5 day a week delivery schedule? At first, I'd heard they were gonna stop Saturday delivery, then I'd heard they were cutting Tuesday delivery. They said Tuesday was the slowest day of the week or something like that...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truthfully I'm surprised the postal service has held on this long. I thought for sure the Internet would have killed it long ago. Nobody sends letters now it's all text messaging and PM's and facebook now.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I use FedX exclusively for business. Pricey? It can be. I keep an account and pay with CC for discounts. But I know my package will be delivered. I suspect we'll see FedX and others coming down in price for letters. Once they are competitive in that market, game's over.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Oh dear. The last thing I want is to have to rely on UPS for... well... anything.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Truthfully I'm surprised the postal service has held on this long. I thought for sure the Internet would have killed it long ago. Nobody sends letters now it's all text messaging and PM's and facebook now.
    +1 If FedEx and UPS were legally allowed to compete in the letter mailling industry, the PO would have been crushed a long time ago.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    Oh dear. The last thing I want is to have to rely on UPS for... well... anything.
    +10, They suck