Home General Discussion
Options

Scented candles near my humi

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
So my wife has gotten back into scented candles again, has to have them going all the time. She doesn't burn them but rather has them on heaters. One she insist on having in the same room as my humi. It's on the other side of the room and it's an open room, no doors. Do you think it will affect the sticks. I'm pretty limited on places to put my humi. This is the second coolest spot in the house besides the family room. Don't want to go there again.

Comments

• Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Rhamlin:
    So my wife has gotten back into scented candles again, has to have them going all the time. She doesn't burn them but rather has them on heaters. One she insist on having in the same room as my humi. It's on the other side of the room and it's an open room, no doors. Do you think it will affect the sticks. I'm pretty limited on places to put my humi. This is the second coolest spot in the house besides the family room. Don't want to go there again.
    Assuming this is a humidor and not a coolidor, air can circulate in and out if I understand correctly (why you need to crack coolidors periodically and why you don't need to do the same with humidors). Though I wouldn't think it would be enough to change the flavor of your smokes. That would take a ton of candles I'd think.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    One candle shouldn't be a problem, I've never noticed a change in mine.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    instead of a opus perfection x it will be a opus purfumed x , lol
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the input guys. Cuz this was leading to a little bit of a blow out, she turns the thing on then when I smell it I turn it off( I almost feel she's doing it for spite) I guess my buying gars once a month is starting to cut into her shoe collection? she must have a 100 pairs.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about it. My wife burn candles constantly in the house. They have never affected my cigars
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    This is where you come back from your next smoke, and tell her that all your cigars taste like perfume now. Guess you'll have to buy a whole humidors worth of sticks to replace the ruined ones...

And a new humidor since the current one is tainted now too.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    This is where you come back from your next smoke, and tell her that all your cigars taste like perfume now. Guess you'll have to buy a whole humidors worth of sticks to replace the ruined ones...

Exactly....and just to drive the point home, tell her you have to send your humi and ALL your sticks to a "cigar doctor" in Santa Cruz (yours truly) who has special techniques that MIGHT be able to save your humi and cigars. Of course, it's very dangerous to smoke "perfumed" cigars, (but I'm a professional) and I may have to smoke up a few, or a dozen, to be sure they're "clean" and ready to return to you, with your properly cleansed humi of course.

• Options
    I like your thinking Russ. King on the other hand ?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I used to have a man-cave at the old place... I used to burn candles in the same room while I smoked.

FIVE cigars later that turned to ASS while smoking I'm very paranoid about candles.
    It's the rule of Absolute... Technically as the wax vaporizes and the scent is in the air it WILL get on your sticks.... That being said it is a miniscule amount so it SHOULDN'T taste like crap.... But WHILE smoking affects it's SOOO much that I stay away at all costs just to appease my pea brain... When the woman burns a candle I Shut the door to the office so I can seperate... But also, I'm the guy that will leave the office to FART as well so as not to infuse the sticks... That's just my obsessive compulsive Cigar-dor talking
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Lasabar:
    I used to have a man-cave at the old place... I used to burn candles in the same room while I smoked.

FIVE cigars later that turned to ASS while smoking I'm very paranoid about candles.
    It's the rule of Absolute... Technically as the wax vaporizes and the scent is in the air it WILL get on your sticks.... That being said it is a miniscule amount so it SHOULDN'T taste like crap.... But WHILE smoking affects it's SOOO much that I stay away at all costs just to appease my pea brain... When the woman burns a candle I Shut the door to the office so I can seperate... But also, I'm the guy that will leave the office to FART as well so as not to infuse the sticks... That's just my obsessive compulsive Cigar-dor talking
    Eww... fart infusion.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Speaking of candles... does anybody use those cigar smoke eater candles? And if so, do they work? You may have noticed in one of my recent posts that my wife has a doctorate in nagging about cigar smoke...
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Russ55:

Do it!!!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Lasabar:

Ohhhh but you'll fart into the bag with my sticks to infuse them. I see how it is Lassie....lol