Home General Discussion
Options

Does the 20/80 rule apply to you?

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
I am curious (for those of you who are bored) what your "stick percentages" are by brand/manufacturer, and if the 20/80 rule applies to you (20% of all the different brands in your collection, represent 80% or more of your sticks?)

The rule apples to me.
19% of my manufacturuers represent 81% of my sticks.

My breakouts (rounded off):
Padilla - 30%
Gran Habano - 26%
5Vegas - 10%
Gurkha - 6%
Cohiba - 5%
Flor de Oliva - 4%

Then it drops off to a few dozen brands at .5% to 2%

I need to expand my horizons dang it!!

Comments

• Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    I conform (unfortunately) to the 98% rule... I smoked 98% of all my cigars :)
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't count. Having really bad math skills this week. I have almost every Gurkha Cigar ever made and a ton of Viaje. Everything else is almost all single sticks. So I would say 2 cigar brands make up 50% of my collection while the other 50% is a huge variety.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most mine don't get to see a month but I do try to put some away, got a few with a couple months on em.but I'm still small time till I get more storage space? cmon christmas!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I just won the lotto. every stick is different. LOL
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure of the percentages but AJ definitely has prominence in my humis.
  • Options
    I smoked my last Fuente so I am at 50/50 lol

4 Cuesta Rey

4 Alec Bradley.

I am getting more in next week when I have cash.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I have a large veriation...but 98% of all the sticks in my collection equal :)
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    40% are AJ 20% are Oliva 40% are whatever I got in a sampler the last 3 months.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I'm not sure of the percentages but AJ definitely has prominence in my humis.
    +1. AJ and Don Pepin. The most prominently featured brand I have in my humi is Kristoff, but's that's because it's the only box I've bought thus far.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Mine is a mixture. I have a decent amount of AJ, RP, Newman, Alec Bradley and a mixture of other mfgs. I have started to become a fan of DPG, and can forsee his count going up in the humi.