Home Non Cigar Related

Tempurpedic mattresses

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Anyone got one? I'm moving to new apt and pretty much set on buying one. I've had it with crappy mattresses - whatever I get needs to let me sleep, instead of tossing/turning all night.

I tried the Rhapsody (firm?) and the cloud - liked them both. The Cloud seems really soft, but I'm wondering if I'll sink in too much once I lay down for awhile (only laid down for a minute or so on either one). Can anyone tell me how much you "sink in" once you've been laying there? Is it noticeable from when you first lay down?

Any other advice is appreciated, thanks

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Got that bed when I bought my house. Have a king sized temperpedic one and I love it!!! I did not like it at first because it was really stiff, but that was because we had it on the floor until our frame came in, and after it did, I hate all other mattress! Its a great bed and it will last a long time, i read close to 15 years if not more.

I have back issues, and it helps.

I got a great deal since I purchased 3 total mattress for my house, they couldnt discount the temperpedic one, but sure did on the others. But I also got no interest for 3 years and just paid like 150 a month. The temperpedic one alone was $3K and the other two were about $500 each.

But each person is different and they way the sleep, so go and try each one out and see which one you dont "sink" in too much. I dont like to sink in, but I'm only 155 lbs and my wife is like 120, I think I have the Rhapsody, but not sure. Try em out though cause this is something you are not going to be changing out any time soon.

They always run those deals and its worth it. GET IT!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I definitely recommend getting one. Not sure which one I've got because my dad actually got it for me because my back was a huge problem. Its a queen size mattress, but two twin size box springs underneath which makes it really easy to get into and back out of apartments. The mattress is so thick that you'd never know there were two box springs under there. Anyway, I still have back pain, but not nearly as bad. I definitely notice it when I sleep away from home, MAN does that tear my back up.

Sinking isn't much of a problem, either I got used to it quick or I don't really sink. It seems to trap and give off heat a bit more than other mattresses though, just something to think about. I get the same effect when I sit on microfiber couches, just seems to heat up on me. Its not that bad because there's a fitted sheet there between it and you, but still, it does happen.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    try a sleep number bed. I have one of those and it is 100% adjustable. its absolutely amazing. the best way to find your sleep number is to lie down on it in the position you like to sleep in the most while it is almost deflated. then you inflate it until you feel your spine align. best sleep you will ever have.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    try a sleep number bed. I have one of those and it is 100% adjustable. its absolutely amazing. the best way to find your sleep number is to lie down on it in the position you like to sleep in the most while it is almost deflated. then you inflate it until you feel your spine align. best sleep you will ever have.
    I've been looking at these my bed is done and need to move on what model did you go with?
  • i just recently bought the cloude-luxe, soft enough for the gf to like it but plenty firm for support. it has been the most amazing sleep ive ever had. ive had a few long working days here recently, come home got in my new bed and dont even move until my alarm goes off. very pricey but with the sleep ive been getting it was WELL worth it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cooch36:
    kuzi16:
    I've been looking at these my bed is done and need to move on what model did you go with?
    the cheapest one in full size.
    not even kidding.
    still leaps and bounds better than the old spring one i had.

and for the record, my side is firmer than my wife's.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I got what's more or less a knockoff from Bob's Discount Furniture in MA. For all intensive purposes it's the same thing at half the price. I got the semi-firm and I love it. Don't know if they have Bob's down in FL, but if they did I'd recommend them.