Home General Discussion

forum blend?

whatever happened to these? i thought that there was supposed to be another round ?

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    NightHawk:
    whatever happened to these? i thought that there was supposed to be another round ?
    Yeah, haven't heard much about them anymore...
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    My interest is piqued.
    JudoChinX:
    My interest is piqued.
    Awhile back Alex got the forum guys to name their tobacco, their styles, their EVERYTHING about what made a cigar good, then Alex went and done the impossible and made the cigars FOR US... He had a Sumatra and a Maduro that was hand crafted by this very forum.

We then all bought a 10 cigar sampler to smoke and rate and possible tweak... But not much word has come around since. If they were a hit they were going to be a regular production, or at least do a second run for us again.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the house blends were a result of the forum. Don't know where I got that idea though.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The sumatra was going to be made again, whether for production or just for us I'm not sure, but at some stage along the way there was a non-specific snag and nothing has progressed since then.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Anybody have any left?
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    The sumatra wrapper sounds good to me!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Anybody have any left?
    i have 3 of each left. i think
    *Sigh* I have my whole order left... 5 of each...

I was bombed with one and smoked it and loved it... But I still have my original 10 still *Sleeping*
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    If it's not taboo to post it openly, what was the price tag on these when they were around?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    If it's not taboo to post it openly, what was the price tag on these when they were around?
    Three bucks a piece, one order was 10 cigars (five maduro, five sumatra). If they do come back I'm almost certain they won't be that cheap. We used some exotic leaves and I think Ccom may have actually taken a loss on the project in addition to all the free labor Alex and AJ provided. That's right, AJ.