Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Cruising question

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know some of you guys have gone on cruises and I've been on a few but I have a question someone may be able to answer for me. Is it allowed to bring your own booze aboard? We've always patronized their lounges before but we like to keep some in our stateroom for drinking on our balcony, along with a cigar. I've been told you can buy booze in the duty-free store but I was under the impression that it wasn't delivered to you until the end of the cruise. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The two lines I've been on, Royal and Carnival, don't allow you to bring your own booze on. Anything purchased in ports, or in the shops on board, isn't delivered to you until the end of the cruise. I assume other lines are like this, but that's just an assumption. You could call your specific line to confirm, but I'd be surprised if they did it differently. If they do, let me know, I want to try their cruises!
  • Options
    Thanks, Russ. I think it'll probably be the same on other lines. Anyone have any experience with Norwegian?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I could have sworn my mother in law brought wine aboard her cruise but I could be mistaken. Let me double check with her. Now that I think about it, I'm probably wrong.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Sure thing Marty. Also, that being said I've got alcohol on there before. It is nice to have a little something in the room. Especially if you've got that balcony.

I'm tempted to try Norwegian. I've heard good things, but I worry about the freestyle dining thing they do.
  • Options
    Yeah, we've done Norwegian before and we love the freestyle dining. No way I'm gonna dress up for dinner except maybe California Casual if we eat in one of the nicer restaurants aboard. I don' do coats and ties anymore. Been there, done that. I'm retired now and only wear a tie to funerals - if then.