Home General Discussion

Cigar clubs

ok seeing as im new im sure you have had this before i see that CI has a club and cigcom has a club i like tha fact that i could get random cigars every month for a low price and maybe get a good deal with it and ofcourse the literature about those cigars in your opinion is it worth it? and you may be bias on this side but cigcom is 29.99 and ci is 19.99 so it is kinda like will they be different due to price? i have always believed that you get what you pay for but i have been wrong before or in the end is it just a waste of time? thanks for your input!

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    You need to get the cigar.com cotm club ASAP! Alex (not quite subtly) hinted to the fact that there will be an Ave Maria Reconquista in the Sept. edition. Plus, you get THREE (yep, 3!) Man O' War Armadas with your first month's order. Those 4 cigars alone would run you $80 on any given day... not to mention whatever else will be in the next cotm package!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've never done any other club but Cigar.com

But that's how I came to this place... I researched all the different cigar clubs about 4 years ago, I went all around, google, friends etc... I came here for they got the best reviews
  • Cool thanks guys!
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    +1 to what BigT06 said. Those cigars alone should be a huge incentive. I'm actually not a club member. I'm pretty tight on finances. However, Cigar.com has all around high praise for good reason. And I think that alone is a hint that you won't be disappointed by joining Cigar.com's club over any others.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex also pointed out that it has a satisfaction guarantee. So if you're not happy w/ something, just talk to your rep and they will make it right. Not sure what other clubs out there do that.

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i do feel that the club is not for everyone. yes there are some amazing deals in COTM. but for guys like me that buy very specific things, this would drive me nuts.
    for people trying to smoke everything because they are still learning and have room in the humidor, this is just about the best thing that they can do for themselves.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Also, the cigar.com COTM club is worth it just for the extras alone. They frequently include bonus cigars, I got a steel cutter, etc.
    Light 'em up.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    and you missed out already! last months shipment for Club members was a 5 pack Gurkha Sampler with 2 free San Miguel stoges!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    And you get free shipping on all of your orders.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a club member myself because I'm in a self inflicted money crunch till after the new year at least. But I would go with ccom , their customer service just can't be beat. But absolutely stay away from Thompsons!
  • Rhamlin:
    I'm not a club member myself because I'm in a self inflicted money crunch till after the new year at least. But I would go with ccom , their customer service just can't be beat. But absolutely stay away from Thompsons!
    I've heard some crazy bad stuff about Thompson and I think they're website looks chency
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha Man!:
    I've heard some crazy bad stuff about Thompson and I think they're website looks chancy

Boy, now there's an understatement if ever there was one.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Lasabar:
    I've never done any other club but Cigar.com

But that's how I came to this place... I researched all the different cigar clubs about 4 years ago, I went all around, google, friends etc... I came here for they got the best reviews
    +1 Same story, lol!