Home General Discussion
Options

Best place to buy a humidor?

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
Ive been looking for a larger style of humidor so I can get rid of all my smaller ones. I just have no idea where I should look other than the bid site. Where do all of you acquire yours?
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Options
    I should add that I am trying to go cheap. I know B&M's have them but ya I don't feel like paying a *** ton.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    As another brother here said, Walmart, or Amazon.com. Get yourself a coolidor..After years of buying 100 count humis, (I have 6), I finally picked up an Ice chest and I should of done it along time ago. keeping my sticks at a perfet 67. I think you've looked where I picked up most of my 100's.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    As another brother here said, Walmart, or Amazon.com. Get yourself a coolidor..After years of buying 100 count humis, (I have 6), I finally picked up an Ice chest and I should of done it along time ago. keeping my sticks at a perfet 67. I think you've looked where I picked up most of my 100's.
    So I just wash it out clean and line it with cedar huh? Maybe that would be the best way to go.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    If its a used one, I would probably let it sit with some arm & hammer in it for a few days. I use it to store boxed cigars so I didnt line mine with cedar, But I was thinking of using the trays from my other humis and gluing some strips of wood on the sides of the cooler for the trays to rest on for singles. Pretty much the same setup thats inside a regular humi. Either that or you can pick up some used cigar boxed and put your sticks in those. Maduro's, connies, habano's or Perdomo's, Gurkhas, 5 vegas, you get the idea.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking at The San Marcos 300 count end table humi it's really nice looking and most of the other sites have it but I don't see in on ccom wonder if they might have it but it's not listed. If anybody has had one I'd love to know what your opinion of is.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    How big you looking for? I have this one: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-EVHUM6-250 that I'm selling for $100 plus shipping. Haven't used it since I got my cabinet. Needs a Hygro and humidifier. I used Gel since the ones that came with it were garbage.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I would maybe even call or email CCom and see what they can do. If you are looking to spend some serious dough, there are a few guys out there who do amazing custom stuff, including our own Waxing Moon (though I don't think I've seen him around the boards for a long time now...) Does your local B&M not sell humidors? The problem with buying a humidor is that I would want to have it in my hands, and actually be able to inspect it, and look it over, and compare them in person before buying one.

That said, I use a 75 ct. that was handed down to me by my pops (just a plain, cherry wood, cedar lined, no frills humidor) as my smoking humidor/catch all for singles, and a 20 ct. Gurkha Legend humidor (which I got from CCom, despite my abhorrence of Gurkha), for my super premium stuff/Opus singles/Fuente HTF's. Everything else goes in the 100qt. coolerdor, which is the best storage investment option I think... at least the most economical option. Simply buy a large cooler, clean it VERY VERY well (not with anything scented though), and fill it with boxes, trays, shelves, whatever you want to use for cedar, and get some humidity beads, I use 2 pounds in my 100qt. cooler, and my humidity stays rock solid in it at 65%.

Or really go all the way, and build a walk in. True baller style.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Oops. Double post. Don't drink and post, kids.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    PM sent.