Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My son was born

So our first baby was born Aug 12th at 1339. Baby and mother are doing great.
His name is Indiana Winters Davey (or Dr Jones). Winters is for *** Winters of WW2 fame (watch band of brothers for a little info on this guy).
6lbs 13 and 21.5 inchs.

He is amazing and I am not ashamed to say I cried when I watch him come into this world. Then laughed as he pissed all over the doc.

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Ross, welcome to fatherhood the second hardest yet most rewarding job in the world.....Yes, motherhood is the hardest..........
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome brother, CONGRATS!
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Great news Ross, congratulations my friend! And since I KNOW you'll be handing out cigars to commemorate the joyous occasion, please make mine a God of Fire Carlito, as I've run out! :-D

Seriously though, excellent news man and thanks for sharing it with us!

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Congrats man and nice name if I do say so. My son is due today so hopefully (esp. For my wife's sake) I'll be making the same announcement soon. Again congrats.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Ross! Welcome to fatherhood!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Congrats.

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    t_evan50:
    Congrats man and nice name if I do say so. My son is due today so hopefully (esp. For my wife's sake) I'll be making the same announcement soon. Again congrats.
    Do NOT name that child Peyton, Manning or anything of the like mister! GO BEARS!!! :-) LOL

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    t_evan50:
    Already? Man seems like just a few weeks ago is when you guys first found out. Name your kid Glen Payton Manning Snow....lol
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations brother. Enjoy every moment.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Excellent! Congrats!!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats to you
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Thanks guys. Its been a great time. Me and the wife are very tired, but loving it.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Ross!!!!!! It's amazing feeling to become a father isn't it? Did u pass out in the hospital room? jk...anyways...Great name btw. I really like the fact you added Winters to his namesake. Maj. Winters was truly a hero among heroes. I'm very happy for you buddy!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to you and your wife and best wishes for a long and healthy life for all of you.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations.. And, my compliments on the great name. Very creative.
  • Options
    CONGRATS! i love the name! winters was a great man! and indiana jones is my favorite movie!
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Congratulations. Being from Indiana, I have to say I love the name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations bro. Winters is bad ass.
  • Options
    adrosadros Posts: 216
    congrats! Our Daughter, Millie, is scheduled for c section on wednesday. Now I can finally end my friggin contest!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Congrats! Great name, love it.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    congrats man ... that name is the coolest ! Hope baby and mom are doing well .
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Congrats on your son; glad mom and baby are doing well. Now let the fun begin, having a son is awesome.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    rossdavey2:
    So our first baby was born Aug 12th at 1339. Baby and mother are doing great.
    His name is Indiana Winters Davey (or Dr Jones). Winters is for *** Winters of WW2 fame (watch band of brothers for a little info on this guy).
    6lbs 13 and 21.5 inchs.

He is amazing and I am not ashamed to say I cried when I watch him come into this world. Then laughed as he pissed all over the doc.

Congrats!...pretty skinny baby tho!  I was 23" and 10lbs 11oz(a monster)
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Congrats!...pretty skinny baby tho!  I was 23" and 10lbs 11oz(a monster)
    Unfortunately, in our current media-enslaved culture this is the norm now... Mother and Baby share everything, stress, nutrients and disturbing images of thin babies in those Gerber Commercials... Most babies are born with a inferiority complex about their weight, or they go to drastic measures.
    "Norfolk,VA
    An emergency C-Section had to be performed on Olivia Stansmith when her baby had tied off the umbilical chord so as to not receive any more nutrients and to not gain more "Baby Fat"

Michael Ian Stansmith was born underweight at 7:34am on Tuesday, Mother and baby are doing fine, but little Michael is still refusing the bottle until he is back to his 2nd trimester weight."

A damn shame......
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Here's to many more tears of joy, they won't be the last. I smoke a cigar in his and your families honor. My Father El Hijo for the son that has come into you and your families life. God Bless Him and your family.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Congrats Ross! Glad everything went well with the delivery and best wishes going forward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats bro. Good job putting the stem on the apple.
  • Options
    Congrats Ross! Now you'll have a tough mudder partner in a few years!