Home General Discussion
Options

humidor bit the dust..

so i go and open my humidor today and notice that is sitting at 55% my humidifier is fine then i look at the seal and notice the edge has spread apart fun times looks like ill have to get a rubber made box and go with that for a bit anyone else had this happen?

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thats Amazing
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Thats Amazing
    lol thanks kid see told you id amaze you!
  • Options
    Just kiddin,,couldnt resist. can you repair it somehow?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Maybe you can get some thin weather stripping to close the gap.
  • Options
    dont think so dont think i would want to use and sealents they could have a smell and ruin the cigars ive had this humidor for about 3 years was a gift kinda small ill just have to save up and get me a nice one maybe ill turn my closet into a humidor lol
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Could you post a picture of it?
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Gurkha Man!:
    dont think so dont think i would want to use and sealents they could have a smell and ruin the cigars ive had this humidor for about 3 years was a gift kinda small ill just have to save up and get me a nice one maybe ill turn my closet into a humidor lol
    Not trying to dissuade you from a new pimped out humi or turning your closet into a humidor (!), but just wanted to let you know the weather stripping solution j0z3r advanced doesnt leave a scent or adversely affect your sticks in any way. I used it when I built both my coolidors, no scent in either of them and they both hold humidity rock solid, better than a couple of my humidors in fact.

• Options
    What he said.Smile [:)] Another option, just buy a cooler or a cabinet, you'll end up getting one or the other eventually if you stick around here.
  • Options
    What HE said. LOL :-)

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Sniper:

^What she said! lmao
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

^What she said! lmao
    ba-ZING! LOL Two points, takedown, ENFIDEL! :-D

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Sniper:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

^What she said! lmao
    ba-ZING! LOL Two points, takedown, ENFIDEL! :-D

lmao you know I love ya Glen!
  • Options
    hah if i could afford a cabinet man... anyways enough with the dream so weather stripping your taling the stuff you stick to your door seal right?
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, im kinda intrested in the exact stripping your talking about, link please
  • Options
    Gurkha Man!:
    hah if i could afford a cabinet man... anyways enough with the dream so weather stripping your taling the stuff you stick to your door seal right?
    Yeah, kind of. I'm using weather stripping as a general term I guess, pretty much something thick enough to take up the gap. On my cooler, I used a rubber tape that is about 1/16" thick. Obviously you'd have to do some shopping and find what's going to work best for you, and I can't say what would fit your needs best.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    What he said.Smile [:)] Another option, just buy a cooler or a cabinet, you'll end up getting one or the other eventually if you stick around here.
    Or just have a 150 qt cooler AND a cabinet......and a small 20 count.......
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    ...and a hidden cavern built into the wall that is only accessible by pulling on a certain wall sconce...
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    ...and a hidden cavern built into the wall that is only accessible by pulling on a certain wall sconce...
    so you guys gonna come build all of this for me in my basement?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    LOL, I always wanted one of those..really
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    Joe, the wall sconce is out, too obvious, now it is just a candlestick..........
  • Options
    Gurkha Man!:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    so you guys gonna come build all of this for me in my basement?
    He11 yeah! Im in

Hey Joe, if he pulls that certain wall sconce, would his voice get all low and raspy and stuff? Would he wear a maduro-colored muscle suit? Would he team up with Super Plume and battle the evil forces of villains like Mold Man & The Beetle?